Only friend I need - Pierre x Charles

The club was basically vibrating. Colours lit up every corner of the room and the dance floor was packed with drunk and probably high people. People were shouting the lyrics to the songs playing at the top of their lungs making it almost impossible to hear.

Charles was sitting at the bar by himself sipping on a bright pink drink that tasted strongly of strawberry and sugar. It most certainly was not a part of his carefully structured diet, but he was sad and it was making him feel better so whatever. This was something like his ninth drink that night, and he'd only been there for a couple of hours. But Charles was drowning his sorrows. He'd spun out and crashed for the second time at his home race. He was far from happy. Could not be further in his opinion. It didn't help his mood seeing all the memes and funny videos about it made by fans and haters. The worst thing was probably people saying how he was cursed when it came to his home race. To sum it up Charles was sad, very, very sad. And a little annoyed.

Then why was he sitting in a packed club full of people having fun instead of crying on the couch at home while watching his favourite movies? That was the fault of a certain Frenchman with hypnotising eyes.

Charles sighed as he placed the strangely shaped glass back on the bar top having finished it. He could feel the effect of the alcohol kicking in and his body began to feel very heavy, his eyelids drooping slightly. The music was growing louder, pounding his ears and the neon lights and bodies surrounding him were becoming blurry. Alcohol didn't seem to be working so Charles turned his focus to the blurry figures jumping around on the glowing dance floor.

He scanned the crowd for familiar faces seeing as he came to the club with a large group of his fellow drivers and friends. Finally, his eyes landed on two familiar faces, Max, and Daniel.

The two men were both laughing hysterically as they tried to get their wasted bodies to function. Daniel was still managing movement enough to still be bopping around but Max was falling to the floor using Daniel to stay upright. Charles chuckled as he watched the two interact. Max was being his usual affectionate drunk self and was trying to hug Daniel while the Aussie held him upright.

Max's cheeks were flushed red, and his hair was a mess, but he stayed determined.

Daniel was bouncing around, his head nodding to the beat which made it difficult for Max to get a good grip. Somehow the younger driver's hand ended up waving around in the air until it collided with Daniel's face and the two erupted into yet another fit of laughter.

Giggling, Charles moved his gaze from the hysterical pair and ended up landing on his young friend Lando Norris who was screaming lyrics at the top of his lungs while he jumped around the dance floor. His best friend Carlos Sainz was just vibing to the music keeping a firm grip on Lando's hand in worry of losing the short man in the large crowd. Carlos finally caught Lando in his arms and the Lando gave the Spaniard a sloppy kiss.

Very romantic Charles mused. Once again, Charles dragged his blurry vision through the crowd. He felt his breath catch in his throat as he locked eyes with non-other than Pierre Gasly.

The French man was the sole reason he was at the club in the first place. He'd noticed Charles's disappointment, dragging him along to this fancy nightclub the other drivers were going to as their place of celebration.

Charles had argued against it, wanting to curl up in his warm bed and cry it out, but he could only resist Pierre's pleas so long. After a short minute, he'd given in, making Pierre a very happy man. So, Charles had arrived at the nightclub alone with Pierre's promise of a good time though he'd had his doubts. He'd been pulled onto the dance floor by a vibrating Lando Norris but had grown tired very quickly, excusing himself to go get a drink and hadn't left the bar since.