The Cut That Always Bleeds P3 - Maxiel

"Fuck," Daniel groaned.

His eyes darted across the bright screen in anticipation. The flashing lights from the videos reflected in his eyes as more and more of them came up on the screen.

"Shit."

He bit the inside of his cheek in frustration. Max looked completely wasted. A lopsided grin was plastered on his bright red face, his hair a mess and his eyes barely open as he lent on his, just as wasted friends.

Daniel glanced at the time in the corner of the screen.
Twelve thirty-seven.
Max had been out all afternoon with his friends. Daniel had been glad that Max was reconnecting with people, after being so isolated. He needed it.
But, the afternoon turned into the evening which turned to night which then became midnight.

He'd been resisting texting the Dutch the whole time, allowing him the freedom he needed, not wanting to seem like a needy girlfriend or anything. But Daniel couldn't bear it anymore.

Max had no way of getting home. He could barely stand by himself let alone walk twelve blocks back to Daniel's place. Each time he tapped the screen, more drunk faces appeared. Daniel was just managing to fight the urge to go pick Max up and save him from worsening his future hangover when his eyes went wide.

Max was kissing, more like slobbering, some guy, Daniel did not recognise, on the side of his face.
He stood so quickly from the table his chair fell backwards, slamming against the wooden floor
Daniel's phone smacked against the ground, but he wasn't going back to pick up either of his belongings.
Daniel was already rushing out the door with his car keys clutched so tightly in his hands his knuckles went white.

As he flew down the staircase Daniel just got angrier and angrier. He knew he shouldn't have let Max go. It was still too soon. Plus he was out getting drunk and kissing strangers. Male strangers.

Fear started to bubble in Daniel's chest as he thought about the photos. Max kissing another man was already online. God only knows what else could happen. His fuming anger started to dissolve into worry and fear.
Soon enough Daniel was in the car weaving his way through traffic to the club Monte Carlo. As time passed and Daniel still wasn't at the club he grew more and more anxious.

"Move!" He yelled to the most likely drunk driver of the AMG GT in front of him.
"It's a green light, go!" He yelled in frustration even though the driver couldn't hear him. Groaning Daniel slumped back against his leather seat. His phone pinged, breaking the tense silence. Daniel glanced at the road ahead of him still seeing no movement before he grabbed his phone. An alert from 'Maxieboo' was on the home screen. Daniel hurriedly unlocked his phone, entering texts.

Maxieboo: Dabmieel oo loce youu so nucj

Was written across the phone screen. Daniel's eyebrows furrowed in confusion the message making no sense to him. He was still trying to figure out what it said when a loud honk came from behind him.

Hurriedly Daniel dropped his phone into the cup holder noticing the AMG GT had slowly begun rolling forward, placing his hands back on the wheel. As soon as he got a chance, Daniel used all his enhanced driving skills to overtake and weave through the crowded streets as quickly as he could.

Daniel burst through the front doors, his eyes frantically looking this way and that for the Dutch. Unable to find him Daniel entered the huge crowd of sweaty, drunk bodies. Neon lights swayed around the room, making Daniel's eyes hurt. The music was blasting making it hard to think but eventually, Daniel found the bar. From there he could get a better view of the room.
His eyes flicked across what felt like every face in the building until they landed on a very red, very drunk Dutchman.