Lonely - Carlando

-TW- 

-Sad with a happy ending-
I feel like this one moves too quickly and is way too cringy and dramatic but I'm struggling with story ideas. Please send me story/ ship requests. That would be very helpful. 
Enjoy... 

"And until then, see you on track." Lando finished, a hysterical laugh following. 

Lando was thankful for the bright orange face mask covering his face as his lips began to tremble. He could feel hot tears welling in the corners of his chestnut brown eyes. 

"Come now, Cabron. Don't be sad." Carlos, his older teammate, soon to be ex-teammate, chuckled beside him. The Spaniard reached out his arm to embrace the young Brit, but Lando just flinched away. His lips were trembling, but a grin spread across his face. Stepping backwards, away from Carlos, Lando turned to look at the crowd of McLauren team members, his head snapping in every direction. He couldn't believe it. Carlos was leaving. Leaving him. And everyone was just smiling, patiently waiting for it to be over, waiting to go back to whatever they were doing as if he meant nothing as if he'd never existed. They all were just watching the two, stupid grins plastered on their faces. Did they really not care? At all? Did Carlos really not mean anything to them? Any of them?

"Lando? I'm not leaving right now. C'mon." Lando whipped his head around to face Carlos. His dark brows were drawn together and he held a somewhat strained smile on his face. His arm was still reached for Lando. He waved his hand towards him, beckoning the younger driver towards him. 

Lando just stared into the Spaniard's dark eyes, hot tears still threatening in his own. He gripped the paper in his hands, feeling all the eyes in the room on him. His chest was starting to hurt, and his throat was aching as if there was a tight knot stuck there. He could feel a panic attack building and he could see the worry starting to fill his teammate's eyes. Correction; his ex-teammates eyes. 

A sob was slowly starting to crawl up his throat and he could feel it threatening his lips as he stared into the Spaniard's intrusive eyes. Unable to look any longer Lando turned away, rushing through the crowd of team members and out of the garage. He could hear his name being called but ignored it.

Lando rushed down the pit lane, yanking down his cap to hide the burning hot tears that had finally begun to spill from his eyes. He put a shaky hand over his mask covered mouth. He was still trying to process the shock of the events that just occurred. Through blurry vision he hurried down the long paddock walk, ignoring comments from media personnel and waves or 'heys' from familiar faces. He didn't care if he hurt anyone, he was hurting and that was all he cared about. 

He exited the paddock, reaching the large car park where he spotted his car. Lando slid into the McLauren, slamming the door as hard as he could behind him. He ripped off his hat and mask, letting the sobs wrack his body and the tears streaming down his face. His shoulders heaved repetitively and his chest was tightening. Breathing was becoming more and more difficult until he was gasping for air. Panic was flooding his body as he struggled to breathe. Little Lando sat alone in his car, his chest heaving as he struggled to feed oxygen into his body. His hands started to tremble and his face was stained with tear streaks.

It wasn't fair.

Why was Carlos leaving him? Was he really that bad of a teammate? Was it Lando's fault? If so, what did he do? Why was Carlos leaving him? Why did nobody else seem to care? Was Carlos leaving McLauren to escape him? Did he really hate Lando that much? Was he really that annoying?

Yes, yes you are, Lando thought, his brow drawing together as he questioned himself. Throwing his head back the young Brit glared up at the roof through blurry eyes, his mouth wide open and still gasping for air. Another round of burning hot tears started to fall down his cheeks as his mind began to swallow him whole.