The Cut That Bleeds part 2

*Update
I just fixed this up, found some free time.

I'm in the car omw to a horse camp for the next four days so I doubt I'll able to do anything for a while. This is similar to one of my other Maxiel stories so I'm sorry.
Anyway, enjoy?

Dust particles floated around the room, the morning sunlight illuminating them as they danced through the air.
The only sound interrupting the room's silence was the sound of out of time breathing.

Through the open window waves being pulled into shore and breaking, the water tumbling over itself as it hits the sand could be heard.

It was a quiet Thursday morning, the usual rumbling of passing cars and chatter of tourists was missing. The world seemed to be at peace with the quiet.

Max began to shift where he lay.

His eyes shifted beneath their lids, a long sigh passing his thin lips. Max lifted left arm slightly, shuffling his body backwards. As he became more conscious, Max noticed the warmth wrapped around him. Two strong arms were holding him tightly around his torso from behind. He suppressed a giggle, Daniel's hot breath blowing onto the nape of his neck as he slept peacefully.

Daniel.

Max smiled sadly, his memory flooding with memories from the past two weeks.

Two weeks. It had already been two weeks since he ran away from... her. Two weeks since Max had run away, ending up on Daniel's doorstep at nine thirty at night. Two weeks since he'd been staying with the Aussie. He was so grateful to have such a good friend. Daniel had been letting Max stay in his apartment since he had turned up at his door, welcoming him with open arms, literally.

The whole time Max had been staying with him, Daniel had been doing everything he could to comfort him. Whether it was keeping Max busy so his mind couldn't wander, or letting him cry it out with a punnet of ice cream engulfed in a cuddle, Daniel had been doing anything and everything, and Max was so grateful. He was still hurting; the wound was still fresh. It was going to take time. Max wasn't even sure what to do. All he'd been doing was wake up in Daniel's apartment and let the Aussie distract him with board games or movies, long walks or swimming in the harbor.

Max sighed and finally opened his eyes, squinting as they adjusted. Stretching his free arm, the other being pinned in Daniels arms Max began to wake up. Sliding his foot, Max came into contact with Daniel's leg. He must have underestimated the amount of space Daniel had spared him. A small smile spread across Max's face.
With his free arm Max slid his hand along Daniel's shoulder behind him until he reached his cheek, the stubble tickling his sensitive fingers.

"Daniel,"Max whispered. His voice was raspy having just woken. The touch of Max's soft fingers and palm brushing up and down his cheek caused Daniel to wake, a low groan coming from the back of his throat.

Max stifled yet another giggle, tracing his fingertips along the older man's cheek.
"Max," Daniel rasped out. His amber eyes stayed covered but his eyelids fluttered, sprawling his long dark eyelashes across his tanned cheeks. Daniel began to roll more onto his back, his grip around Max loosening.

"I'd have thought you dead if you weren't snoring so loudly." Max teased rolling himself over to lay on his stomach, Daniel holding him to his bare chest. Daniel gave him an irritated hum in response, his eyelids snapping open to glare at Max through sleep clouded eyes. Though his glare didn't last long, seeing the cheeky grin on Max's pale face.

Closing his eyes once more Daniel sucked on the side of his cheeks to stop himself from smiling.

Max had an annoying habit of making him smile even when he didn't want to. An effect people claimed Daniel had with his famous smile, but he liked Max's more.