five

Acacia was seated in front of her Victorian styled vanity table and was in the process of applying her makeup

Acacia was seated in front of her Victorian styled vanity table and was in the process of applying her makeup. Her hair was already curled and was held in place by duckbill clips. All she needed to do was remove the clips, after she finished beating her face, and apply glass spray on her tresses for shine.

She had already laid out her outfit for the day which consisted of a black leather pencil skirt, a black and yellow patterned tie neck blouse and a pair of black patent So Kate pumps.

She would usually choose an outfit the night before, because she could get quite indecisive when it came to deciding what to wear.

Acacia had a late start to her morning. Usually she would have been out of the door by now, but today was different. She would be going on her very first house call; assisting Ryann on the firm's latest high profile case.

So far she had gotten involved with a lot of cases and she was grateful for the opportunity. Usually newbies got stuck doing mundane tasks, but she got right into the swing of things as soon as she got hired.

When Acacia found out who the client in question was it didn't really come as a surprise. It actually confirmed her suspicions. When she saw Carson walking into Ryann's office that day she figured that he was in trouble, but she could've never imagined what type of trouble he was in.

Even though she hadn't personally worked on high profile cases where the accused was famous in the past. She did have intimate knowledge about similar cases however.

Money, power and sex could be a very bad combination. In a lot of instances the party with the most power took advantage of said power, but she didn't think that was the case as far as Carson was concerned. Now it was up to them to prove his innocence.

The whole ordeal did give her pause for thought. It did make her question his judgement; she questioned what type of company he kept. Obviously Acacia would keep her thoughts to herself, but it did cross her mind.

Acacia was done applying her makeup and styling her hair. She removed the blush pink silk robe with feather trim that she was wearing and got dressed in her outfit of the day.

Luckily she was right on schedule. That meant that she didn't have to rush and had time to make herself something to eat, go over the case one more time and wait for the car service to pick her up and take her to Carson's house.

Ryann and Acacia were seated next to each other in the backseat of the town car while Ryann prepped Acacia for their meeting. Filling her in on the latest updates in the case.

Carson lived on the outskirts of New Jersey and Acacia lived in the middle of the city. So it took some time for them to get to their final destination. Acacia figured that he lived in an affluent part of town so it didn't come as a surprise when they drove through his neighborhood that consisted of a plethora of mansions.