thirty-two

"Damn, girl

"Damn, girl. You tryna move in or sum? You brought all your stuff with you," Carson stated as soon as he saw Acacia standing at the door with a big Louis Vuitton weekender bag in her right hand and her metallic Rimowa carry-on luggage in the other.

"I can just leave you know. I mean I don't have to be here," Acacia replied sassily.

"I'm just messing with you. Get your fine ass in here," he said while he helped her with her bags.

She had been living out of a suitcase every time she came over to his house, so he suggested that she bring over some of her things since she was there all the time anyway.

Ever since Willow moved out Acacia hated coming home to an empty apartment every night. She also just wanted to be up under him, but she would never admit the last part out loud.

Carson carried her bags up the stairs while Acacia followed closely behind him. When they reached his bedroom he made a beeline to his closet and entered in the code that granted them access inside.

She noticed that he had cleared out a whole section of his closet just for her. She assumed that he would just offer her a drawer or shelf, but she was pleasantly surprised when she saw the amount of space that she had at her disposal.

And here he was talking about me bringing all my stuff and wanting to move in.

She turned around and narrowed her eyes at him while he winked at her in response.

Carson took a seat on the big velvet ottoman that stood in the middle of the room and made himself comfortable while Acacia began to unzip her bags so she could start to unpack.

"How was work?" He inquired.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you..."

With everything that unfolded the last time they saw each other she didn't get the chance to share the good news with him.

"...I'll be the co-counsel in one of the biggest cases my firm has ever been involved in, so no more filing briefs or writing memos for me," she explained.

"I'm busy prepping for my first day in court. I have to argue a motion for continuance. Hopefully the judge will grant our request."

"I don't know what allat means, but I'm super proud of you" he replied.

Acacia laughed at his response and tried to explain what she would be doing in layman's terms. She was going to ask the judge to delay the trial because they needed more time to gather evidence and secure the attendance of witnesses.

"I can't wait until we really start prepping for the trial. It's exciting but it also requires a lot of work. There's no room for any errors so I really need to be on point. I'm really anxious about everything. I mean what if I mess up?"