ten

"Which one should I wear?"

Acacia came strolling back into her bedroom with two shirt options in hand. Pilar and Serenity were both seated on the blush colored ottoman that stood in front of her queen sized bed. They were waiting for their friend to finish getting ready so they could leave.

She held up the two tops that she was contemplating on wearing.

"The black body suit looks better with the jeans that you're wearing," Pilar answered her question.

"I agree," Serenity chimed in while she applied another coat of Fenty gloss bomb on her lips.

Acacia's outfit consisted of a pair of Mugler panelled jeans, the black bodysuit that the girls just picked out and a black Mugler cropped blazer to complete the look.

She wanted to look casual yet stylish for Carson's function. Even though she agreed on going her anxiety was slowly creeping up on her as they were about to leave, but she knew that it was too late to back out now.

"Are there going to be a lot of people there?" Pilar inquired.

"Carson told me that it would be an intimate gathering, so I don't think he will invite a lot of people. Just mainly his friends I guess."

While the three women were engaged in conversation Willow had just finished grabbing a snack from the kitchen. She overheard what they were talking about as she made her way over to her room.

When Willow heard where they were going she perked up. She hadn't spoken to Carson after he sent her flowers and a care package and figured that was the last she had heard of him.

Now she was curious to know if she heard right, so she decided to pop in to see what was going on.

When she made her way inside of the room she gave both Serenity and Pilar a hug before taking a seat next to the latter. She offered them some of her chocolate chip cookies. They all watched Willow grow up, so the both of them considered her as their little sister as well.

"Are y'all going to Carson's party?"

"It's not really a party but yes it's in his honor," Acacia answered.

Willow was secretly happy to hear that the two of them kept in touch. He was one of her favorite football players and it would definitely score her some bragging points with her friends.

Willow made small talk with Pilar and Serenity while Acacia made her way back to her closet to grab a pair of shoes and the purse that she was wearing for the night.

"Did you do your homework?" Acacia inquired when she made her way back.

"Yes mom, I did."

"Don't be a smart ass. You know that I'm just trying to look out for you."