twenty-four

"Not this depressing ass music again," Willow whispered under her breath while she took a seat next to Acacia on the couch

Summer Walker's Still Over It album was playing through the Bose speakers that were connected to the flatscreen tv.

Acacia was curled up on the couch with a white cashmere blanket wrapped around her. She had been listening to sad songs all day and just like the Drake song she was dressed real comfortable and had her hair tied and was chilling with no makeup on.

The weekend had started and usually Acacia would be out and about right now, but she had been cooped up in her apartment all week. She had only been outside to check her mail and to buy groceries. She hadn't even been to the office opting to work from home instead.

Willow was getting worried about her and knew that something was up. Even though Acacia had denied it whenever Willow brought it up.

The teenager decided that it was time for her to help Acacia get out of the funk that she found herself in so she had planned a little surprise.

As soon as the doorbell rang Willow got up from her seat; "I'll get it," she offered while she rushed to the front door.

Acacia had half the mind to tell Willow that she should send whoever was at the door away. Not really feeling like seeing anyone at the moment, but she figured that it was Mario or another one of Willow's friends wanting to hang out with her.

"SURPRISE," Willow exclaimed while she walked back into the living room with Serenity and Pilar in tow.

Willow knew that if there was a way to get Acacia out of her depressed state she should invite her best friends over. She also figured that Acacia needed someone to talk to.

Acacia had been dreading facing them all week, but she was lowkey happy to see them as well. She knew that a girls night would lift up her spirits and she needed it, bad.

"Now, please stop sulking," Willow whispered in Acacia's ear while she gave her a tight hug. Soon after she left the three women alone to go chill with Mario and the rest of their friends.

"I brought food," Pilar stated excitedly while she made a beeline to the kitchen to get some plates and utensils.

"What's been up with you? We've been calling and texting you all week, but you've been ignoring us." Serenity said sounding concerned.