eight

Acacia was currently sitting in the backseat of an Uber on her way to meet up with Pilar

Acacia was currently sitting in the backseat of an Uber on her way to meet up with Pilar. New York traffic was always hectic around this time of day and she didn't feel like driving or taking the subway, so she decided that this was the best option.

The two ladies were going vintage shopping today. Even though Acacia wasn't really into vintage clothing she did like doing things that were out of her comfort zone every now and then.

Pilar had a way of encouraging people to do things that they normally wouldn't do. She was more so into doing artsy fartsy stuff and Acacia would usually join her in her adventures. The two of them would also be grabbing lunch and Acacia was sure that her friend had other fun things planned for them.

When the driver arrived in East Village, Acacia thanked him for his service, paid for the fare online and left the Uber driver a five star rating.

Acacia entered the establishment and was immediately met with the smell of incense. The store was filled to the brim with not only clothes, but everything else that you could think of.  There was home decor, furniture, toys, you name it and they had it.

Acacia was sure that they wouldn't be leaving anytime soon with the amount of stuff that the store had to offer. She was sure that Pilar would want to take her time to peruse the store and check everything out.

As soon as she spotted Pilar she made her way over to her.

Pilar was busy checking out the vintage jackets that were displayed in the store.

"Hey hun," Acacia greeted her.

Pilar immediately turned around at the sound of her voice and gave her a hug.

After making small talk Acacia decided to bring up the topic that had been on her mind for a number of days now.

"I noticed the awkward tension between you and Delano at the lounge the other day. You don't have to feel obligated to be around him, you know?"

"We can make sure that he's not around whenever we make plans with you. "

"I wanted to be there to support Serenity. I know that she'll never admit it, but I'm almost positive that she liked seeing us in the audience during her performance. I'm sure that she really appreciated the support," Pilar stated.

"I know that it must be awkward for you guys as wel. Especially for you. I mean you're kinda in the middle of everything because he's your brother."

Acacia explained to Pilar that she would always have her back. Even though Delano is her brother she's a woman first and if he was on fuck shit she refused to support or defend him.

"You really shouldn't worry about it. I think it's sweet that you want to make sure that I'm comfortable, but I'm truly over him. I know we tend to be awkward around each other but it really doesn't mean anything. We've both moved on. I know I have..." Pilar made her stance on the matter clear.