Chapter Seventeen

Eilonwy

I laugh loudly as Estrith pins a baby blue colored bow in Legolas's silky blonde hair. She's been doing this for at least an hour, placing bow after bow in his hair. She asked me for my opinion on what bow she should pin in his hair next, and I mentioned the blue one because it reminds me of his eyes. I adore his eyes.

Legolas sits cross legged on the floor of Estrith's room, enduring the makeover, and I sit back and watch how adorable he is. He looks utterly miserable, but when Estrith looks at him, a smile brighter than all of the stars outside in the night sky lights his handsome face. She talks to both of us constantly, rattling on cutely about her two sisters Roshi and Sylmae.

Legolas's eyes stay rested on me whenever Estrith isn't trying to get his attention, and my heart flutters in my chest. His gaze is as intense ever, and I try my hardest not to blush. His gaze is much the same as it was that day at the spring, and as I think of that particular memory, heat spreads throughout my veins. I wish he would touch me that way again, the way that he brushed his thumb across my jaw. I wish he would kiss me the way that I have daydreamed about so often since that day. I know that I shouldn't become too attached to him, but I think I am far past the point of no return now.

"How does he look?" Estrith asks with a proud grin as she finishes her final touches on Legolas's hair. She brushes her hair away from her eyes and sighs as if she just got finished doing a hard day's work.

My gaze lands on Legolas who is looking at me with an uncomfortable smile. I fight the urge to laugh at him. I look at Estrith. "You did very well, Estrith. Legolas looks so pretty," I say, unable to contain a slight laugh.

She beams at me. "I know! Legolas will surely get the attention of an elleth now!"

If I'm not mistaken, I am almost positive that Legolas's cheeks turn a bit pink at Estrith's words, only adding to the list of things I find adorable about him. He looks awkward as he sits there, and my heart fills with warmth as I watch him. He is so sweet to allow Estrith to put bows in his hair, and I know that he must love her very much.

Legolas suddenly shakes his head, a few of the bows flying out of his hair, and he grabs Estrith, pulling her into his lap and tickling her. Her giggles fill the air as she yells at him to stop tickling her, and I double over in laughter as I watch her try to escape.

"Help me, Lady Eilonwy!" she shrieks in between fits of laughter, "Legolas is mental!" Legolas laughs at her words, continuing to tickle her relentlessly.

I stand, laughing crazily along with them, and I pull on Legolas's shoulders in order to look as if I'm 'saving' little Estrith. What I wasn't prepared for was Legolas's reaction. He stops tickling Estrith, and she scampers away. In the mere seconds it took for her to scamper away, Legolas's fingers wrap around my wrist, pulling me onto the floor, and I grab onto his tunic in order to soften my fall, accidentally pulling him with me. I land on my back with him hovering over me, and he then begins to tickle me. A shriek of surprise escapes my lips before I break into fits of laughter.

"Stop it, Legolas!" I exclaim breathlessly as I fight to breath in between laughter.

I hear his boyish laugh from above me like music to my ears, but my eyes are closed as I fight against him. I try to push his shoulders as he continues to tickle my waist, but my attempts to push him off are futile.

I hear Estrith's giggles coming from somewhere off to the right. By now I am gasping for breath and tears have formed in my eyes from laughing so hard. He finally stops tickling me, and I sigh in relief, my muscles relaxing almost instantly. My breathing is heavy as I try to regain oxygen in my lungs, and another light laugh escapes my lips. I open my eyes and immediately meet Legolas's gaze. I feel my cheeks warm when I understand that he is practically laying on top of me. His hands are on either side of my head, and he looks down at me intently. His body is pressed against mine, and his face is close to my own. Time seems to slow down, as it always does when he looks into my eyes, and I can feel his breath brushing my skin lightly. The look in his eyes is hard to describe, but it is passionate and smoldering. So many emotions swirl through his eyes that it is hard to understand what they are. His eyebrows are furrowed as he looks down at me in thought, and my heart beats erratically in my chest. I smile lightly in amusement and reach up, slowly taking the blue bow from his hair. With my touch, he leans closer to me as if some invisible force is pulling him.