Chapter Six

Legolas POV

    “She is in Lothlorien,” I blurt out the second I enter the dining room for breakfast.

Last night, after Lady Galadriel had summoned me in dream form, I had waited anxiously for the sun to rise in order for me to share my new revelations with my family. They are the only ones who will be able to keep me from rashly deciding to travel to Lothlorien. I have been running the idea through my mind constantly, but Galadriel’s warnings keep me from acting upon impulse… for now.

    Every single member of my family is seated at the oak table, their eyes wide with confusion at my sudden appearance and news.

    “Who is in Lothlorien, exactly?” my father asks slowly, enunciating each syllable as if he is speaking to someone mentally unstable.

    My pulse races through my veins as I think of her radiance. Eilonwy. A smile immediately follows the very thought of her, as it always does, and I find myself standing in the middle of the dining room, grinning as if I have gone mad. My family stares at me as if confirming my brief fear of insanity.

    I clear my throat and attempt to hide my smile, but it’s nearly impossible. “The elleth from my visions,” I state and watch as their eyes widen even more. “She is in Lothlorien,” I say once again and breathlessly chuckle at the solid truth in my words. It is real. She is real.

    My mother gasps in delight as an overjoyed smile comes to her lips. “Oh, Legolas! Are you positive? How do you know?”

    At the very same time that my mother speaks, Glosseth begins her own twenty questions. “Do you know her name now? Is she coming to Mirkwood? What did you see in your vision this time?”

    My father quickly stops their chattering, and they become silent. The wide smiles never leave their faces, though, and their eyes shine with barely contained excitement.

    I inhale shakily as I try to remain composed. My family’s excitement causes my own elation to rise quickly. “I did not have a vision. This time, Lady Galadriel summoned me in a dream and showed me what was happening in Lothlorien. The elleth was with her. The Lady of Lorien told me that I must stay here in Mirkwood and that she will send the elleth to us soon,” I rush out the words. The weird sensation that always enters my heart and stomach when I think of the elleth comes on full force as I breathe out my next sentence.

        “Her name is Eilonwy.” The name rolls off my tongue deliciously, just as it did when I said it for the very first time last night.

        “Eilonwy. What a beautiful name!” my sister says giddily, and bell-like, melodic giggles ,m fall from her lips.

        My mother stands abruptly and comes to stand in front of me. “Come and take your seat, ion nin. You look as if you might pass out from happiness,” she jests as she guides me to my seat.

        My father laughs loudly at my mother’s statement, and he claps me on the shoulder once I take my seat beside him. “I am happy for you, Legolas. Your love for this elleth is very evident. I cannot wait to meet her and see what it is about her that makes her so appealing to my eldest son.”

        Gwilithon is swift to take part in the jesting. “You are practically gushing happiness and love. It is quite disgusting, really,” he says with a wide, mischievous smile.

        Glosseth whacks him on the arm. “It is not disgusting! Legolas looks so adorable with his shining eyes and flushed cheeks! Eilonwy will fall in love with him the second she lays eyes on him!”