Chapter thirty three

Legolas

Three days after the very last celebratory feast, I find myself in Eilonwy's room, watching her pack up her things for our trip to Rivendell. Her hair is tucked carelessly behind her ear, the rest falling down her shoulders and back in pretty curls. Her eyes glance at me every once in awhile, and she blushes when she catches me staring. I grin as she turns her back to me, her green dress swishing behind her as she does so.

"How long do you think the trip to Rivendell will be?" she asks softly.

I pause to think for a moment. "A week? Maybe two. I am not exactly sure. I have not traveled from Minas Tirith to Rivendell in a very long while."

She nods her head, her curls bouncing around her as if they are dancing, fire flickering in an invisible wind, and I smile in amusement as she turns to look at me, one curl hanging down in her face. I stand and approach her, tucking the strand behind her pointed ear, and she smiles up at me. "I cannot wait," she says with a grin, her eyes shining in excitement.

"I will enjoy seeing your reaction," I tell her, kissing her nose, and she laughs at the action.

"Knock, knock," comes a cheery voice from the door, and Eilonwy and I turn to see Glosseth entering the room, a wide smile on her face as she watches us.

"Glosseth!" Eilonwy exclaims with an excited smile, pulling away from me and hugging my sister as she nears us, "I have not seen you in a few days."

Glosseth hugs her back happily, grinning up at me slyly. "I am happy to hear that you will be accompanying us to Rivendell, Eilonwy. I cannot wait to show you around!"

"Actually," I cut in with a small smile, placing my arm around Eilonwy and drawing her close to me when she pulls away from Glosseth, "I will be the one to show her around."

"Hmm," my sister replies with a teasing smile, "I should have known."
"How is packing coming along, girls?" I hear my mother's voice before she enters the room. Her eyes travel from Glosseth to Eilonwy, and when they land on me, she smirks slightly, "And Legolas."

Her snowy hair is braided back beautifully upon her head, the rest falling like a snow slide down her shoulders in waves. Her icy colored eyes watch me with silent amusement as they seem to always do these days. Her dark purple gown sweeps to the floor dramatically, the color matching the purple jewel resting in the center of her silver circlet that resembles icicles dripping down her head. My mother is everything a queen should be: kind, considerate, loving, and gentle. Eilonwy will do well in her place someday. I just hope that I can be half of the king my father is.

"I am almost finished, my Queen," Eilonwy replies, turning back to her bags to pack a few more dresses.

"Wonderful," my mother says softly, her hands clasping together in front of her, "I shall escort you all to breakfast, and afterwards we will all say our goodbyes. Thranduil and I will be traveling back to the Woodland Realm, and the rest of you will be on your way to Rivendell."

I nod once to her, showing that I am listening, and I turn to watch as Glosseth begins speaking. "Oh, how I will miss you, Naneth!" she exclaims, crossing the room to embrace her.

My mother laughs softly, wrapping her arms around her daughter in return and stroking her hair tenderly. "I will miss you as well, my daughter, but you can always come home at any time," she says before her voice dips into a teasing whisper, "But you are not allowed to come home unless you have Elwin with you."

"Mother!" Glosseth gasps in embarrassment, pulling away from her embrace.

I laugh loudly at her face, which is now the color of Eilonwy's hair, and my mother laughs along with me.