Chapter Eighteen

Legolas

    "Legolas!"

    I turn around in surprise when I hear Glosseth call my name. She walks gracefully into my room, sitting beside me by the open window that overlooks the city. Her eyes analyze me carefully, but I ignore her. Apparently, I am an open book when it comes to my thoughts and emotions, so there is no point in hiding them. Glosseth fidgets and glances down at her intertwined fingers in thought. I see her from the corner of my eye as she brushes a strand of her snow colored hair from her face, tucking it securely behind her pointed ear.

    I sigh and turn to look at her. "What do you wish to ask of me?"

    Her eyes widen innocently, but I see straight through her indifferent facade. "What ever do you mean, brother? Can I not just enjoy this peaceful moment with you?"

    A slight chuckle escapes my lips. "You and I both know that is not the reason you came."

    "Very well," she frowns slightly, "I actually came because I wanted to speak with you about Eilonwy. I have not been able to speak with you on the matter since we were both back in Mirkwood."

    My gaze travels to the people buzzing around down below in the stone streets outside my window. It has almost been a week since we arrived in Minas Tirith, and I believe that Eilonwy and I have grown closer. I gave her a tour of the gardens of Minas Tirith as I promised, and I find an excuse to see her everyday.

    "What would you like to know?" I ask her softly.

    She bites her lip, holding back a smile. "Well, you have been spending so much time with her, so I was wondering when you are going to confess," she says slowly.

    I blink. "Confess?"

    She rolls her eyes and slaps me on the arm. "Yes, you imbecile! You will have to confess your love for her someday!"

    "Someday. I cannot tell her that I love her when I have only properly known her for two weeks! She would laugh in my face. That would be nonsensical," I tell her exasperatedly.

    She sighs dreamily, not listening to a word that I say. "Oh, how romantic it will be! Confessing that you fell in love with her through your visions will make her melt! I can imagine it now. You will confess, and she will blush adorably, as she does every time you direct your passionate gaze toward her," she babbles on, her eyes shining with excitement.

    I shake my head in amazement as she continues to speak quickly. How long has she been envisioning this? "You do realize that I have had a vision of how I will confess to her, right? I have also had visions of our first kiss, our wedding, and many other events that will happen between us. I do not need help preparing. I know what is to come," I tell her patiently.

    She gasps, her mouth gaping open like a fish out of water. "Are you serious? Why did you not tell me?" she almost shrieks, "Well, nevermind that! Tell me exactly what happened in the vision you had of confessing to her! Do not leave out any details!"

    I chuckle at her childlike enthusiasm. I open my mouth to explain, but I am cut off when someone suddenly knocks on my door. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, wondering who would be visiting me.

    "You may enter," I say.

    The door opens, and there stands the star of our conversation. Eilonwy's bright green eyes land on me, a bright smile on her lips. Her hair is pulled into a thick braid that drapes over her right shoulder, and little white flowers are pinned in neat patterns throughout the intricate braid. A long, pure white dress adorns her body, the sleeves and bottom of the gown blowing softly in the zephyr that blows into my room from the window.