𝕥 𝕙 𝕚 𝕣 𝕥 𝕖 𝕖 𝕟

𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕝𝕦𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕔𝕜_ (𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥𝕒𝕘𝕣𝕒𝕞)
✧✧✧✧✧

The bright sun still burned high in the sky as the four of you walked your way back to the house. You'd always loved boating, so the thought of going with your friends today put a little pep in your step.

"No funny business, okay?" you whispered to Eren during your return. A sly smirk graced his features before he nodded in agreement.

The group of you finally arrived after walking about a mile back. Your friends scattered the property doing various activities. Mikasa and Jean were still together at the end of the dock with fishing poles submerged in the water, seeming to be deep in conversation. Sasha, Niccolo, Connie, and Marco were in their bathing suits playing Euchre on the deck while Ymir and Historia talked nearby. Bertholdt and Reiner were still on the lawn playing catch, laughing with each other and talking about who knows what.

"Hey everybody!" Eren thundered without warning, causing you to jump as he was right next to you. Everyone's heads whipped in your direction before they slowly lumbered to where the four of you stood.

"I got the pontoon ready to go this morning, so if you guys wanted we could take it out tonight. There's a lake party on the other side of town for the holiday that we can make our way to," he explained.

"Fuck yes," Connie agreed without hesitation. "Eren Jaeger, I'm convinced that the party just follows you. And if that's the case I'm glued to your fucking hip man." Everybody laughed at his enthusiasm before echoing his words.

"Who's driving the boat? Don't tell me it's you, Eren. I'm not trying to die today," Ymir huffed with sarcasm.

"Better bring your water wings then, freckles," he bantered. "Come on, let's eat something quick and get out there."

Everybody made sandwiches for themselves in the kitchen using the ingredients that Eren provided. There were all kinds of breads, meats, cheeses, jellies, condiments. There seemed to not be a single detail forgotten. Afterwards, you and Mikasa ran back to your room to get ready for the anticipated night. You already had your bathing suit top on, so you only needed to put your bathing suit bottoms back on under your shorts. You brushed your hair through and added a light coat of waterproof mascara.

"So how are things going?" you asked while Mikasa freshened up in the mirror next to you.

"With Jean, you mean?" she inquired. You nodded into the mirror while inspecting your own appearance, picking yourself apart trying to figure out what else you could do to look better.

"Really well, surprisingly. He was being super sweet and flirty. And he didn't even get mad when I somehow caught more fish than him." The two of you laughed together before she continued. "We're just flirting for now I think, but...I can see it going somewhere. I can't believe I didn't think to give this a try earlier."

"I'm not sure either. It was painfully obvious that he's into you. Maybe you just needed a fresh set of eyes like mine," you joked. She giggled in between coats of the mascara you were letting her borrow.

"It's been a nice change to not be thinking about Eren. Even if this doesn't work out, it sort of showed me that I don't need him like that anymore." Her words became more unsteady as she spoke, as if she herself wasn't even processing them before they strung out of her mouth. You couldn't respond even if you wanted to. "I guess I have you to thank for that, for telling me about Jean."