Chapter 9 - Confession

Suddenly, Xiao Qi stabbed Liu Han from the side and he fell down.

She's also put away the sword from Zhang Shen.

"Your majesty…" she called him and there's a shocked expression on his face.

"Why are you saving me? You should go and look for others!" he raised his voice and it made her flinch.

"I apologize, your majesty…" she lowered her head with the blood that was still flowing from her stomach. While Liu Han, take the chance to stab Zhang Shen.

But Xiao Qi was cautious with that and pushing him backwards. The time was freezing in a moment where the knife was deeply set at the back of Xiao Qi. He widened his eyes to see how painful it was to take that knife.

Once Liu Han took out the knife from Xiao Qi's back, she fell right into his arms with eyes slowly closed.

He was furious about what happened and took the sword from Xiao Qi's hand. Executed Liu Han's head and that's the moment when he feels real.

Immediately he approached Xiao Qi and lifted her up. With lots of blood dripping down and her pulse slowing down. Zhang Shen brought her to imperial physicians. While waiting, other physicians treated his wound.

With limited sources of medicine, she might not survive because of having a severe blood loss.

The physicians almost gave up on her but not Zhang Shen. He was dying for her but didn't know that the table would turn. The door was opened, revealing other consorts including Empress Dowager Zhang.

"Zhang Shen! Where's Xiao Qi!?" she asked in a worried voice.

"She is still being treated by the physicians…" he said with a melancholic voice.

"I hope she dies…" Yanyu whispered to Jiang Song.

"Me too…" Jiang Song replied.

Chenguang, who heard their conversation, clenched her fist with a calm face.

"I heard that she's having a severe blood loss?" she asked Zhang Shen and he nodded.

"Then, let's get some prunes or apricots! Those might help increase the amount of her blood…" Chenguang suggested.

"How did you know?" Zhang Shen asked.

"Is it not only Xiao Qi that learned from me…I also learned something from her…" she said with pride.

"Good then, go get some at the food storage…we might process it faster here…" ordered Empress Dowager Zhang.

"B-but, isn't it supposed to be the servant's job to get those fruits?" Yanyu said.

"If both of you want to sit here and wait…I'll go by myself…" Chenguang walked towards both of them.

"Pathetic slut…" she whispered while walking past both of them and it made them speechless.

"Thank you Chenguang…" he smiled at her with a weak smile.

Yanyu and Jiang Song were pissed off by her but still kept a calm face.

"Your majesty, we'll go and find something that might help Xiao Qi…" Jiang Song said.

"No need, let the servant do it…cause it's their 'job'…" Empress Dowager Zhang mocking them.
.
.
.
.
.
.

The next day, Xiao Qi's body was still in a weak condition but her performance was better than yesterday, thanks to Chenguang because of the fruits.

That evening, Jian Yu received the news about Xiao Qi being stabbed and immediately went back. She also didn't forget to get some herbs that might help.