Chapter 23 - Escape Plan

"I'm sorry for bringing you into this my baby" Xiao Qi said while rubbing her belly.

"But you became so strong and went through this with mummy, I hope he'll free us from this life. I don't even hope to be with him again, I just hope that you'll be with me forever…" she said with teary eyes. The pain she bears just a little compared to his betrayal over her.

Suddenly, Xiao Qi saw Yanyu standing in front of her cell. She was surprised by her presence while Yanyu just stood there and witnessed every one of her conversations with the unborn baby.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked Xiao Qi.

"Miss Tang! Since when—" she was about to ask her.

"Answer me!" Yanyu said to her and it made her flinch.

"Don't tell the Emperor about this…" she asked her.

"Are you crazy?! At least tell him to free you and get out of this palace! Why are you still bearing all of this punishment, at least free yourself for the baby!" Yanyu said. Deeply in her heart, there's sympathy that still remains.

"I don't want the Emperor to take my baby, The Empress will also want this baby as the next heir since it's the first baby" Xiao Qi admitted.

"Would you rather let the baby suffer than have a better life?" She was still convincing Xiao Qi but she just grinned with blood in the corner of her mouth.

"I thought Miss Jiang was the cruelest but you're more cruel…I don't know why—"

"I would rather not have him born in this cruel world. These people never looked at the truth and I'm innocent in this situation. How can I let my baby grow up in this unfair life?" She said to Yanyu.

Yanyu was stunned for a few minutes before looking at Xiao Qi with a serious face expression. It was her fault for joining this slander with Jiang Song. If Jiang Song succeeds in proving Xiao Qi as the culprit even though she's not, then she'll feel guilty for that innocent baby and even Xiao Qi!

Because of their greediness, these two innocent people became victims.

"Forgot what I just said, I'll help you escape…" She encouraged her.

"Don't you hate me? Why are you suddenly trying to help me?" She questioned her kindness.

"Because I don't want the same thing to happen twice!" Yanyu breathed heavily. She suddenly felt a crowd in her chest.

"What do you mean?" She asked in a weak voice.

"My father and mother died because of the slander too, they've been accused of becoming assassins to kill the Emperor even though they're not. At the end, they died under execution punishment and I'm witnessing that moment with my own two eyes" she brings up an old scar.

"I'm sorry for them…" Xiao Qi said.

"It's an old story and because of that, I don't want to witness the same thing again! Never! I still hate you but I'm not that cruel to let you die unfairly" she said.

Xiao Qi didn't respond to Yanyu, instead she just smiled at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Yanyu asked.

"I know you're kind…it's just you who's following the wrong person…" she said.

"That's why I ended up here, if I didn't follow my uncle into this palace, maybe I'll just live happily in my hometown," she said.

"Maybe you'll find your own happiness one day…" she smiled at Yanyu.

"Forget about happiness, at least don't try to prove your innocence by sending your death sentence to the Emperor! Free yourself first!"