Chapter 21 - Wrong Step

After a week, Xiao Qi started to have morning sickness and sometimes looked so pale but only Chenguang and Jianyu who cared about her condition. Empress Dowager Zhang also started to avoid her.

Xiao Qi knows what she needs to go through and she doesn't mind if others want to ignore her.

"Where is the Emperor?" Xiao Qi asked Jiang Song in a polite way.

"He's not here obviously…" she said in an annoyed face.

"That's why I'm asking you, Miss Jiang, if not…I don't need to waste my time talking with you here…" she said.

Jiang Song grinned at her even though she was quite mad with Xiao Qi's words just now.

"I don't know where he is now and I don't think he also wants to meet you…" she makes fun of her.

"I think you're deaf, I said I'm the one who wants to meet him, I didn't say he needs to meet me" Xiao Qi smiled at her. What a shame to fall into her own trap.

"You—"

"I'll go first if your majesty wasn't here…" she walked out.

Jiang Song sighed in annoyance and her madness was crawling up to her mind until she thought of killing her.

"Just wait, Xiao Qi…" she said.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Zhang Shen, are you sure about this?" Bao Ji asked.

"No…but I want to make sure…" he said and kept walking.

Bao Ji sighed and just followed him from behind.

In front of a hidden old warehouse, they both sneak into the back door and suddenly see two guys are talking.

"Do you think Miss ***** will reward us?" the first guy asked.

"After we kidnapped Miss Chenguang? Of course! Miss Xiao Qi will never break her promise…" the 2nd said.

Bao Ji and Zhang Shen looked at each other as they didn't believe what they heard.

"Should we kill Miss Chenguang?" he asked again.

"Good idea!! Maybe we can have double rewards!!" he said and laughed proudly.

Zhang Shen lost his patience and jumped into the warehouse, Bao Ji didn't manage to stop him and had to jump in together.

"I'm gonna kill both of you!!!" Zhang Shen shouted and pointed the sword at them.

"Shit…we're exposed…" said the first guy.

"What are both of you planning!?" Bao Ji asked them.

"Heh, do you think we will tell you about this?" said the first guy.

"Yeah! Miss Xiao Qi promised us a lot of money if we managed to kidnap Miss Chenguang and kill her!!" the 2nd guy said and three of them looked at him.

"Why the hell do you tell them!!!" the first guy hit the 2nd guy's head.

"I accidentally told them," the 2nd guy said in embarrassment.

"So Xiao Qi told both of you this?" Zhang Shen asked.

"Yes, and both of you can't stop us from doing that, she's married to that Emperor and we can get more money if we do more than what she's expecting…" the first guys smirked and they both ran away through the front door. Zhang Shen and Bao Ji immediately followed them but they vanished right after walking out of the door.

"Argh!! We missed them!!" Zhang Shen kicked the door in frustration.

"They're probably not far from us now, let's—"

"No need to…we go back to the palace and find Xiao Qi…" he said, holding his anger inside.

"Are you really sure about this?" Bao Ji asked to confirm.

"I've told you that we come here to confirm, what proofs that you still need to see?!" he said angrily.

Then, Bao Ji lowered his head and nodded. He can't believe what he saw but that's the truth. However, he still has faith that Xiao Qi will never do that.
.
.
.
.
.
.
After that, both of them went back to the palace and immediately went straight to Xiao Qi's chamber but she's not there.

Some of the servants said that Xiao Qi together with Jianyu visited Chenguang at her chamber.

Right after hearing their explanation, Bao Ji and Zhang Shen looked at each other. They have a similar instinct that the guy's words are true.

Immediately, they ran to Chenguang's chamber, which was next to a few lesson rooms.

Without any warning, Zhang Shen opened the door and saw Xiao Qi was sitting next to Chenguang who was lying down on the bed.

Xiao Qi turned around just to see Zhang Shen with a terrifying expression that looked like he wanted to eat her alive.

"Xiao Qi!!" Zhang Shen walked towards her and pushed her aside until she fell on the floor.

Chenguang, who is peacefully lying down, immediately jumps off the bed and helps Xiao Qi.

"Zhang Shen!!! What are you doing by pushing her?!!" Chenguang shouted at him bravely.

"I'm trying to get rid of this ungrateful woman!!" he pointed at Xiao Qi.

With all of her energy, Xiao Qi stood up just to hear Zhang Shen's baseless accusations against her. She never saw him to be this mad until forgot to use his right mind.

Next to Zhang Shen, Bao Ji looked at him frowning as he was also shocked by his immediate accusations.

"Zhang Shen, I think you went too far…" Bao Ji tried to calm him down.

"Why are you trying to defend this hideous woman!?!" Zhang Shen again pointed at her and raised his voice.

Xiao Qi who's standing in Chenguang's arm flinched as her tears started to flow down. She had never been called like that since she was kids but that day, her own husband called her hideous and ungrateful which is breaking every part of her.

Her heart already broke into thousands pieces when he pushed her just now. Now, he called her with something that's unpleasant to anyone that heard it.

Pang! A loud slap sound from Chenguang to Zhang Shen.

"I never saw you being so pitiful before…" Chenguang said.

Zhang Shen, who was stunned by Chenguang's action, looked at her with siren eyes and smirked.

"Because I made a wrong choice by bringing this woman into this palace…" he said in a flat tone.

"H-how dare y-you…" Xiao Qi's voice cracked as her vision started to blur and her cheek wet with the flow of tears.

A moment went silent when Zhang Shen walked towards Xiao Qi and sighed heavily.

"Whatever that you're trying to do in this palace…I'll tell you one warning…if someone in this palace dies and it connects with you, I'm gonna send you directly to hell's door," he smirked in evil before leaving the chamber.

At that moment, her chest was getting tighter and crowded. Her heartbeat feels like it is about to stop while her tears are still flowing like it'll never stop.

"Xiao Qi, you shouldn't believe any of his words…he wasn't in his right mind, I know…" Chenguang held both of her shoulders.

Xiao Qi can hear her voice but in an echo tone. Her mind messed up with all the problems that happened and now, he needs to face a new problem which will lead to her death if she doesn't figure out the truth.

On the other hand, someone standing at the other side of the door smiled in satisfaction. They both looking at each other and will continue to the next plan where they'll end up Xiao Qi's life.