Chapter 14 - Explanation

"A-auch! My back…" Xiao Qi was whining in pain. Her back was really in pain. She can't sit comfortably because of last night.

"Do you really need to visit her now?" Zhang Shen asked as he approached her. There's worry in his voice.

"Of course I need to, that used to be my routine! This backache will not stop me!!" she said with courage.

"O-okay~ but I can't guarantee that they'll not ask about what happened to your back~" Zhang Shen teased her.

When Xiao Qi thought back about what he just said, she started to wonder about the probability of the question. They must be asked even though she didn't want to answer it. Especially Chenguang who's very into gossip.

That's not a good behaviour of consorts but she used to hear lots of gossip in secret between the servants and outsiders.

"When you talked about it…I started to think twice," she said.

"Then, you will not go, right?" he tried to convince her.

"Umm…no!! I'll still visit even though they asked!!" she said, still not giving up.

"What do you want to answer when they ask about it?" he smirked.

"I…I'm gonna think about it later…now, I want to meet Miss Qin~~" she said happily.

Zhang Shen sighed, he knows that he can't stop his little wife from doing something that she likes. By lending a hand, he helps her walk.

Zhang Shen held her shoulder together with her hand. Most of the servants were looking at them and gossiping. Probably they're talking about how sweet they are since it's very rare to see Zhang Shen treat his consort nicely in public.

"Why are they looking at us?" Xiao Qi asked.

"Maybe they're wondering why you are walking like a penguin~" he teased and giggled.

"It's not that I want to walk like this either!!" she grumbled and frowned.

Suddenly, they came across Yanyu and Chenguang while going to the dine chamber.

"Good morning, My Lord~" Chenguang and Yanyu greeted him and he nodded.

"Morning Miss Qin! Miss Tang…" she greeted them both.

"Morning Qiqi!" Chenguang greeted her casually even though there's Zhang Shen.

"Qiqi?" Zhang Shen and Yanyu looked at Chenguang confusedly.

"Yes! A cute name for our Miss Xiao~" she winked at Xiao Qi.

Zhang Shen held his breath when looked at how sweet Chenguang was treating Xiao Qi. Even Xiao Qi was happy to be treated like that.

"Why does My Lord hold Qiqi like that?" Chenguang asked.

Xiao Qi and Zhang Shen looked at each other and smiled at them.

"I slipped!" "Her foot hit something!" Xiao Qi and Zhang Shen said at the same time, they looked at each other confusedly.

Yanyu and Chenguang were more confused than them.

"My foot hit something!" "She slipped somewhere!" they said at the same time again.

Chenguang already smirked and blinked many times. Now Chenguang knows what exactly happened.

"I don't get it…" Yanyu said. She was confused.

"No need to understand Miss Tang, they both just have a night together~ right?" Chenguang smirked while looking at Zhang Shen.