Chapter 20 - Small Bean

"Yes your majesty, you called me here?" Xiao Qi bowed in front of him.

She was confused because all the consorts were also there in the main hall. She looked at them and they're frowning while looking at her.

"Xiao Qi, I'm gonna ask you a question and you're gonna be honest about it…" he said.

"Yes your majesty…" she replied.

"What were you plucking in the forest yesterday?" he asked.

Her heart almost dropped when heard his question but her face remained calm as she didn't want other people to feel suspicious about her.

"Your majesty, I think you know what I plucked yesterday because you sent Bao Ji to watch me yesterday~" she smiled.

Zhang Shen's eyes widened together with other people, they were also shocked that Xiao Qi can detect Bao Ji, who's very good at spying.

"How did she know it…" his heart whispered.

"If your majesty wonders how I know about this, maybe your majesty needs to ask Bao Ji himself, I can simply detect him if he didn't wear something to contradict and have his own smell, pine tree smell I guess~" she exposed him.

Bao Ji who stood next to Zhang Shen was also shocked and didn't expect her to simply find him.

"Then, why are you keeping silent?" Zhang Shen continued.

"Because I know your majesty didn't trust me whenever I go out, from the first time I entered this palace until today, I can barely know how this royal thing worked" she smirked.

Zhang Shen frowned and a smile appeared on his face. Didn't know why he felt ticklish with her behaviour today, how can he be exposed by his own wife.

"I need to praise your skills in this, but you still didn't answer my question…" he tried to become serious again even though his heart almost popped out every time he looked at her face.

"I think your majesty wanted to know about the fruit that I plucked yesterday and yes I'll explain everything, not a single information I'll miss out…" she said and explain why she plucked it and try to investigate who's behind the murder.

"So you want to say that you're trying to expose the criminal by telling the kind of poison and matching the right time for the person to put the poison in the food?" he repeated.

"Yes your majesty, since…Miss Jiang was very sad about her mother's death, I'll try my best to bring back the fairness in this matter, am I right, Miss Jiang?" she smirked and looked at her in the eyes directly.

"S-sure, Miss Xiao…" she looked away.

Chenguang just enjoyed the drama Xiao Qi played, she's not that stupid until it takes few days just to reveal who's the criminal.

"Then, I'll give the case to you?" Zhang Shen asked.

"Surely your majesty can, I'll try my best to solve this, not my first time doing this either…" she smirked.

Jiang Song and Yanyu gulping while looking at each other, there's a side that they have never seen in Xiao Qi yet.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Two days have passed and Xiao Qi didn't know how to bring the murder case further, she didn't expected the case to be more harder than it should be.

"Jianyu…what should I do now? I didn't have any further information…" she said.

"How about asking the workers?" she suggested.

"Hmm, they'll not answer me, I think they're already been paid by the criminal to not open their mouth…" she said.

"Then you should tell the Emperor about this!!" she said.