Chapter 25 - Turning Back

That night, Zhang Shen couldn't close his eyes even for a second. Xiao Qi's corpse is still haunting his mind and it makes his heart in pain.

"Why…I don't understand…" he said to himself. He took a deep breath before getting his outfit on and decided to take a walk around the palace.

It was a dark gloomy night with a cold temperature. There's no moon or stars, only the darkness that wrapped up the night sky. He looked up there and couldn't even think of anything. His brain and mind were clashing like it was about to tell one important thing which he didn't know what it was.

Zhang Shen kept walking without looking and suddenly realised he had already arrived in front of the jail house. He didn't think of that place but his legs brought him there.

Without any other thoughts, he just got into the house and looked around. The guards are still at the place and he can see her, laid down on the floor in the coldness of the night. She crawled her body to get some warmth. She laid facing opposite him.

"What I've done…" he said to himself. There's one feeling where he just wants to take her and hug her on the bed and forget all of her mistakes and wrongdoings.

Suddenly, she woke up and sat down. Xiao Qi was actually still awake and almost asleep until she heard his voice.

Now, both of them are facing each other. Eyes to eyes just like in the past.

"Your majesty…" she said with a hoarse voice that he can apparently hear.

He was about to spit out concerns when his ego came to the top.

"Tomorrow is the Empress coronation day" he said.

"I know…" she replied.

"You look quite calm for a prisoner don't you?" He asked as he mocked her.

"I know I'm not guilty, that's why I'm keeping my silence" she smiled and it never fails to melt his heart but a wall of an ego inside him breaks all the love.

"You're gonna get the punishment the day after tomorrow…" he said with a cold expression.

"Your majesty, I'm not a calm person…I also got my madness and it brings harm not just to me but also other people" she said.

"There's no use of your madness…" he said with a glare.

"Please stay alive until I die, your majesty…" she said by lowering her head a bit and he just walked away without replying to her.

He's confused with her words just now. She didn't even hesitate to say that. Her words remind him of his dream but he didn't want to think about it too much.

"Please look at her carefully, don't let her escape or do something stupid" he said and the guards nodded.
.
.
.
.
.
.

"Your majesty, now it's the time…" said Bao Ji to Zhang Shen who's standing in front of the mirror.

"I'll be there…" he said.

Then, Bao Ji went out and saw Jianyu who's standing in front of the chamber, wandering around.

"Jianyu…" he called while walking towards her.

"Bao Ji…" she said and looked around. She pulled him away from the place.

"I already met Xiao Qi, are you sure about this plan? There's no something wrong will happen right?" She asked for a confirmation.

"I hope so, as long as all of us stick to the way, we can save Xiao Qi" he said.

"Okay, I'm so worried that Your majesty will found out about this…" she continued.

"He will but not now, I'm sure he'll not suspect all of us since we stay still in this palace but…" he stopped. Looking at her worryingly.

"I hope you can send Xiao Qi and come back without no one saw you left…" he continued. While touching her cheek, she touched his hand.

"Don't worry, I'm not that weak…" she smiled and he smiled with bitterness in his mouth. There'll be something that happened, he can feel it.

Meanwhile, Chenguang and The Empress in The Empress's chamber, waiting. There were a loud conversation just now but now the silent was too loud.

"Your majesty, I sense something wrong…" Chenguang informed her.

"Me too" they looked at each other and frowned.

"I hope everything will going smoothly today…" she continued. Chenguang also hope the same but for Xiao Qi to escape.

"Miss Jiang, you looked beautiful today" said Yanyu to her, they looked at Jiang Song's reflection in the mirror.

"Thank you Miss Tang, I've waited for rthis moment for the rest of my life and today…I'll get what I want for a long time I worked for it" she said with proud.

"I'm hapy for you" Yanyu smiled.

"Of course you should, after that Xiao Qi died, I can finally be the Empress!" She said with a smirk.

"We've always wanted it to be that way…I need to go and get ready too" she said and left Jiang Song's chamber.

She walked using back yard and use the back door to get into the jail house. She looked around before immediately get into it and help Xiao Qi to escape. She send her to the wall near the backyard. A secret hole that she can escape and walked towards the forest. Then, everything between her and Xiao Qi will end.

"Please don't look back and run, go to the place that I've told you, forgot about everything here" she said to her.

"Thank you for your concern, Miss Tang" she smiled while hugging her.

"I'm just trying to be what I suppose to be" she hides her smile. There's no one have ever hug her as how Xiao Qi is. She felt some warm from her that makes everything she did for her were worthy.

"Run!" She said and Xiao Qi nodded.

As she pass through the wall, Xiao Qi run as far as she can and looked for the carrier that Yanyu has told her. Then, she found the carrier near a tree, as she assumed it was the one from Yanyu. She immediately get on it.

"Who are you?" Two men were sitting inside it and she confused.

"Aren't you both from Miss Tang?" She asked.

"No, I think you get into a wrong carrier" one of the man said.

"I'm sorry…" she said and get off from it. As she walked next to the carrier. Suddenly she heard they conversation.

"Who's we're gonna kill again?" One of the man asked.

"It's Chenguang!" He said loudly and immediately close his mouth.

"Don't said it out loud!" Another man mad at his friends. Then, the carrier moving on towards the castle.

Xiao Qi was still standing when she got something on her mind that makes her hesitate to go look for the carrier.

She needs to choose whether she wants to escape and forgot about everything just like how Yanyu have said or turned back and warned Chenguang.

She was in dilema. Both of them gave her a great help however she needs to choose because the risk pf her getting caught again was higher as she wasn't that good in sneaking.

"I'm sorry Miss Tang, I promise that I'll escape, I promise…" she said and run back to the palace. She'll make sure to not get caught by anyone.