Chapter-57

Instead of going where I desperately wanted to, I headed to my dorm. I needed to think and plan before doing anything rash. I had figured out who the blackmailer was and how ruthless he could be. I needed proof to back my theory and I would have to get it carefully. 

The silver ball felt as though it was burning a hole in my pocket. I pulled it out and rolled it in my hand, thinking hard. I couldn't tell anyone about what I had discovered yet. I didn't feel bad about taking the confession and the ball for I knew no one else would have been able to even come near my theory. 

They would have written of Yves' death as a suicide and spread rumors about him that he was a murderer. He might have helped a murderer, but he never would have killed someone himself. He didn't have it in him- he was too kind. Whenever I thought about it, I was hit by bursts of rage so intense that they terrified me as well. Yves didn't deserve this at all. I couldn't even think of him without pain and anger. All because of that filthy, murderous blackmailer. Yves would get justice, I would make sure of that. I just hoped I would be able to stop myself from taking revenge. 

I was sitting brooding in the dorm when the door opened and Bianca came in. She looked tired and full of sorrow as she nodded tiredly at me. I couldn't remember the last time I had seen her smile. Heck, I didn't even remember the last time I had smiled. This year had been full of tragedy. I refrained from thinking about the blackmailer- Bianca might notice my expressions and I had never been good at keeping things from her. 

Bianca took out a black dress from her closet and threw it on my bed. Then she took out one for herself. 

"For the prayer meet," she said in a tired voice. 

"Prayer meet?" I asked. I was so busy thinking about the blackmailer and avoiding thinking about Yves' death that I hadn't paid much attention to anything else. 

"For Yves' you know," she said, her voice breaking at his name. "It's tonight." 

Since Yves' had supposedly committed suicide, an act of cowardice, he would not receive a royal funeral. He would be buried on his parents' estate instead. The very thought of this made my blood boil. Suicide was NOT cowardly and Yves hadn't even committed suicide. It was disrespectful and wrong. Sometimes Royal Carthans were the shittiest people ever with the shittiest laws.

I nodded at Bianca and went to put on the dress. I would sneak out tonight during the meet when everyone including the blackmailer would be there. His absence would be noticed too greatly. I knew where his room was and would somehow sneak in to find proof. I knew where his room was because I escorted him there, for the blackmailer was someone we all knew. It was none other than Prince Arryn.