Chapter-15

I was sitting next to Airell in Human World class, feeling extremely bored. 

I didn't like being bored because then my thoughts drifted to things I didn't want to think about. Mr Spartan was lecturing us on the ways of humans and technology and maths which was about as boring as it could get. 

I opened my bag to take out a notebook but then I remembered I hadn't even made one. Sighing, I dug around in the rubble at the bottom of my bag and found a piece of paper to write on. I hadn't cleaned my bag in forever. I scraped my skin on something sharp as I tried to extract my hand from all the mess. I peered and saw my house keys which I had lost last year. I definitely wasn't the most organized person around.

I dug around some more and finally found a pen which worked. 

'I am bored.' I wrote and slid over the paper to Airell. 

'Me too.'  he wrote back. 'Wanna see something cool?' 

He fished out a little glass ball and rolled it over the desk. The ball had some kind of white fumes in it. I picked it up and tilted my head to get a better look at it.

'Smash it onto the ledge outside the window' Airell wrote and winked at me. 

We were sitting by the window at the back of the class. I gripped the glass ball in my hand and did as he said.     

For a moment, nothing happened. I withdrew my hand and looked at Airell dubiously. 

Then an unbearably foul smell wafted over from the window. The smell was so foul, I nearly choked. Airell also bent over, putting a hand on his nose. 

Jessica who sat in front of us sniffed and covered her nose in disgust, looking like she was about to throw up. Soon, the smell spread all over the room and everyone scrambled out of their seats.

There was a stampede as everyone tried to rush to the door. People crowded near the door and began shoving each other in their hurry to get out, while Mr Spartan waved his arms around trying to get some control over the class. No one listened to him and Jasmine staggered over to him, looking extremely green. She tried to push past people but failed miserably. Giving up, she fell to the ground groaning and puked all over Mr Spartan's shoes.  

Somehow, everyone had managed to move out into the corridor. People from other classes were crowding around to see what all the ruckus was about.
Mr Spartan was yelling at Jasmine while kicking off his shoes in revulsion.

'I am not going to laugh.' I told myself sternly. But then I met Airell's eye and it was all over. We both burst out laughing. Everyone stared at us. Eryx and Aria joined in the laughter. After a minute, pretty much everyone was laughing except Mr Spartan and Jessica. It felt good to laugh after so long. I looked over at Bianca laughing with Finn and felt a little guilty. I would have to apologise to her today. 

The rest of the evening passed by quickly. Today had been a fun day. And to top it all off, Jessica had been given lines as a punishment. She had to write 'I must not puke over my teacher's shoes.' a hundred times.