Chapter-27

I froze and stared at him. Dark locks fell into his expressive brown eyes. All the memories of the summer trip flashed before my eyes. All the pictures which I had tried to bury deep inside came rushing back up. 

I took a step back, trying to calm myself. I couldn't believe it. How could he be here? It made no sense to me. I tried to move back, but my feet didn't obey me. I couldn't believe it. I stared at him, trying to make sure it was him. It was. And he wasn't alone. A tall blonde girl was with him. She was laughing at something he had said.  

He must have caught me staring because he turned to look at me and our eyes met. I forced myself to look away and managed to take a step back. 

I began walking towards the forest, barely aware of my movements. He was here. Could he be the danger the fortune teller warned me about? It could be. He was dangerous. So much so, that I refused to even think of his name.  

I reached the school and slipped in through the side door. I   raced to my dorm and threw myself on the bed. Bella must have sensed that something was wrong because she mewed and came up to me. I was trembling all over and I petted her with a shaking hand I was afraid of sleeping today, for I feared the dreams would bring back all those memories I had avoided for so long. I lay there thinking and then got up, afraid of being alone with my thoughts. 

I thought of all the unread texts on my phone and tried to type out a reply but I couldn't concentrate. I paced across the room. It didn't help much. When I closed my eyes, I saw his face and when I opened them, I saw it again. I went to my drawer and pulled it open, scattering the contents everywhere as I rummaged about for my diary. 

Opening it, I wrote desperately not knowing what the words were and not caring about it one bit. My head ached and I longed for one of the human medication pills.  Forgetting my promise to Wanda, I shoved my diary away and raced for my closet. I needed something to calm me.

Opening the closet door, I hunted for the pills with fumbling hands. Unable to find them, I groaned in frustration, raking a hand through my hair. Bella came up to me and rubbed her head against my legs, trying to calm me. 

"Verina?" said Bianca softly. I whirled around. 

"How long have you been standing here?" I asked her accusingly. 

She ignored me and held out her hand. The small bottle of pills was lying in her palm. 

"Are you looking for this?"