Chapter-3

A hunter? I couldn't believe it. My father had left soon after saying this and hadn't bothered to explain anything else. I was trying to finish packing but I just couldn't focus. Leaving everything and- deciding I could just do it later, I dialled Bianca's number. 

"Have you heard?" I yelled as soon as she picked up. 

"Good evening Ms Theron. How may I help you?" 

I winced, recognizing the frosty voice of Bianca's mother. She wasn't my biggest fan and the feeling was mutual. She always thought that I had a bad influence on her daughter. 

"Good evening Mrs Shinespear. I was wondering if I could talk to Bianca." 

"She is out with her father. I doubt she would be home anytime soon," she said icily. 

She hung up after saying she would ask Bianca to call me back. 

I sighed. There was nothing else to do except pack and clean my room. I started picking clothes off the floor again. Why couldn't the maids pack for me? 'Because we should learn to do things ourselves.', my mother's voice echoed in my head. 

When the majority of clothes had disappeared off the floor, I sat down on my desk feeling exhausted. The moon was out. I should have been wide awake instead of the tired mess I was right now. I had way more strength than humans but I hadn't fed once and it was near the end of the month. I should really feed. But since I came back from the road trip and since the fight with my father, I had lost the will to eat or sleep.

I opened my desk drawer and pulled out my diary and flipped to the day we had begun our trip. 

Dear Diary, 
Today we have started our grand trip. Bianca has already tried to run over two old ladies and a dog. I should have known better than to trust her driving. We are going to stay at a resort tonight and tomorrow we shall be joined by humans. 

I looked up remembering how happy I was. Tears pooled in my eyes. Flipping over to a new page, I started writing. 

Dear Diary, 
Today I started reading old diary entries again but stopped myself. I have tried to move on but so far there has been little progress. I couldn't even talk to my dad without getting angry. I have searched and have found someone who can sell me human medication. I was thinking I should try some of those pills. And now news of a hunter awakening has arrived. I am shocked to hear that but not too worried. I am sure they would manage to revoke the old spells to subdue him before he causes much damage. 

Bella mewed. I put out her the cat food, stroking her soft grey fur. Lying on the bed, I settled in for another long sleepless night.