Chapter-6

I said goodbye to Airell and Eryx and went up to my dorm. It had two white beds with red bedclothes draped over them and heavy curtains over the windows. It was a little smaller than my room at home and I was to share with Bianca.

All my stuff had already been brought up. I opened my suitcase and dug into it until I found the box I was looking for. I closed the dorm door and opened the box. Inside were several bottles of blood and some blood bags. I opened one and drank it hastily. I slumped down on the floor.

The month was nearly finished with only a day left. I hadn't fed properly even once and had started to feel faint. That's why I had to drink out of my secret stock. It had been hard enough to get it by bribing servants and swearing them to secrecy. We weren't supposed to drink bottled blood as it marked cowardice or something. It tasted a little stranger than normal but worked just fine for me and helped me in emergencies.

Someone knocked on the door and I hastily put everything back in the bag which I had sprinkled with lilac scented perfume to mask the scent of blood.

I opened the door. Bianca was standing outside looking tired but beautiful as always.

"Hey," I said.

"Hey."

"You didn't call me back even once," I said, crossing my arms. "And why did you come by car?" I demanded, looking at her accusingly. I felt angry with her.

"Can I come inside?"

I moved aside and let her in. She hugged me.

"Ver," she said. "My mom was so mad about the road trip. She confiscated my phone and barely let me text you today. She doesn't want me to talk to you anymore."

I was so shocked to hear this that I couldn't speak. I finally found my voice.

"Who told her?"

"You know how she is. She knows everything. Or maybe your dad told her."

I looked at her.

"So will you?"

"Are you mad? What happened was not your fault. And besides, I could never stop talking to you. You are more than my best friend, you are like my sister. I always listen to my mother but she can't take you away from me. I won't let her."

Tears came into my eyes. I hugged her hard.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" I said.

She drew back and flipped back her long blonde hair.

"You just did," she said, batting her eyelashes at me.

I laughed and stepped back.

Exchanging gossip, we started getting ready for the feast. I told her about the hunter and how the wards had failed to stop him.

"That's really bad news," she said, her green eyes filled with worry. "I am sure Kuperus will mention it in her speech."

"Yeah, I think so too."

She twirled in front of the mirror. She looked amazing in her deep red dress. Not really in the mood to dress up, I had decided to wear my navy blue dress again.

A bell sounded, signalling the start of the feast, startling us both.

"Come on, let's go down," I said.

With a final look in the mirror, she followed me out of the room.