Chapter 16

Bona POV

"Thank you for helping me" Yoohyeon said as she dumped one of the last trash bags as we clean up all the dirty mess in her living room.

We decided to clean this place last because it literally had every single disgusting thing you can find. I found a ripped out panty in between one of the couch cushions and that was gross.

"No problem" I reply simply, tying up another bag to throw away as I wipe a sweat out of my forehead, staring blankly at the now cleaned floor from where chunks of slushies were once splashed on.

What did bitch-face Luda and that nerd do when they left the party? Probably suck each other's face or something.

I roll my eyes at myself, cross my arms together. What does matter to me anyway?

Just as I open another bag, Yoohyeon eye me wearily before sighing, catching my attention as she leans back on one of the tables. "Hope you don't mind me asking, but why was Eunseo slushied in my college party last night?" she asks me with an arched eyebrow.

I clear my throat and busy myself with putting more garbage inside the bags when I feel my nose scrunch together as I pick up a solo cup mixed with- I can't even describe it.

Yoohyeon sighs "don't ignore the question Kim Jiyeon, this is my house."

I throw her a glare, "this is my house too." I shot back, hissing.

Yoohyeon doesn't seem to be amused though. "Used to be- it's not my fault your parents wanted a home for just three of you guys."

That's right, Yoohyeon isn't my actual sister, she's my stepsister. My dad married her mother but when Yoohyeon's mother died, he moved on pretty quickly and married my mom. Now they're in love and travelling around the world while working at the same time.

Yoohyeon hated Dad. She did- because she thought he'd be in love with her mother for like forever but that never happened,yet she never hated my mom nor me. In fact, the only reason why she's still in touch with us is because of us. At first she didn't want to talk to me when we were kids but now we're like best friends and I really appreciate all Yoohyeon has done for me.

That's why she calls our Dad 'my' parent. She calls our Dad by his name while she calls my mom as eomma- it's weird but it makes sense at the same time.

"And you're lucky appa left the mansion to you" I reply back, tying another bag.

"Okay so what's wrong with asking why Eunseo got drenched in slushy last night?" she asks me back arching an eyebrow. "It's not like it's that bad of a question."

I clench my fists try to avoid her look, not wanting to answer that question. Yoohyeon always left me vulnerable.

"Like- you called me then told me she was your girlfriend that's why you were holding hands and doing shit in the bathroom." Yoohyeon goes on, scratching her head. "So isn't it obvious that I'd be asking you why your girlfriend was slushied by your weird cheerio friends?"

"She's not my girlfriend" I hiss, rolling my eyes at her as I feel a sweat drip down the back of my neck. "She's just someone in my school that we all prank a lot."

She crinkles her brown orbs at me. "What? She's too pretty to be the one pranked on." She mumbles, tapping her chin. "Still, that was uncalled for. This is my party and I don't accept violence" She huffs, clucking her tongue.

I stare at the place where Eunseo was standing against number of cheerios with wide eyes, staring at me as she tries to think of a way to escape and okay, I'm going to be honest..

I feel absolutely horrible.

"It's not like she died or something." I growled, crossing my arms.

Yoohyeon hums grabbing two of the bags, ready to throw them in the bin. "She didn't, but something else died."