Chapter 20

"You came-" Bona gasps, opening her front door with wide eyes as I tuck a lose straind of hair behind my ear.

Her jaw is slack and she has this astonished look in her face as she continues to stare at me. "I-I didn't think you'd actually come."

I put a finger up and nibble on my lower lip, taking all the breathe that I could muster inside my lungs to make me strong enough for what I'm about to do or rather say to Bona tonight. "I didn't come here to be your fuck buddy." I managed to say, feeling my legs wobble while Bona just stares straight into my soul.

"I-I mean yes, the offer still stands but I want to talk about the rules. We need to talk about it a-and change some or maybe add some." I muttered, lips quivering as I close my eyes to calm myself down.

Bona drops her shoulder then chuckles. "Oh?" she replies, humming. "Okay then, I'm cool with that." she adds, nodding her head as she stand aside letting me in.

Before I take a step forward, I stop, making her look at me again, my face stoic. "This doesn't mean I forgive you, you know." I tell her, arching an eyebrow as she rolls her eyes then crosses her arms together.

"Damn, want me to write it on the sky with the jet-"

"No" I whisper, walking past her and further inside her house as Bona close the door.

"What? Don't like it?" she jokes, following close behind me. I stop by her living room examining the place since this is the second or was it third? times I've been here.

Shaking my head, I narrow my eyes on her. "Not really. I'm not stupid you know." I retort, watching her adjust the ends of her tank-top.

Bona snorts, rolling her eyes at me then sarcastically said "whatever." She's back to being mean again. Realizing this, her eyes soften and she grunts. "Ugh, sorry- I'm getting there okay? I'm trying to be good here." "for you.." she whisper to herself.

I sit down on the couch getting myself comfortable, Bona follows me and sits on the other couch. I duck down and slide out the Rules list she made the day we agreed to the deal. Breathing in and out, I place it gently on the wooden table.

"W-We need to change a few things." I ramble, reading the rules over again to get myself familiar as Bona crosses her leg over on the other side.

"Okay" she drawls, licking her lips. "What are you going to add?" she asks, sighing.

I tap the pen to my chin then wrote down a couple of things, not missing the way Bona pretends to not be interested as she glances at the paper, trying to read whatever it is I'm writing. I laugh to myself at how obvious she is so im tryna play along, I cup my free hand and cover it from her eyes. She doesn't seem too happy about that. I can hear her lil groan comes out as a sign enough.

"Well? What did you write?" she asks, voice stern as lean back and gleam at the paper.

I bring up the paper to eye level, Bona's squinting her eyes, there's a sweat dripping down the side of her face and I'm tilting my head in confusion because I'm pretty sure I wrote down whatever needs to be written down in the most print also legible handwriting my hands can muster.

"Can you read?" I ask dumbly, scrunching my face at her.

She give me a death glare then she leans back on her couch.

"Of course I can read- I fucking graduated Kindergarten, I'm not a stupid cheerio." She hisses, snapping her neck to face me again.

"It's just dark. Now be a good girl and read it out for me." I roll my eyes in disbelieve. "Yes, your highness." I mumble, missing the way Bona's jaw drops at me. I giggle and turn the paper to my own eyes.