Chapter 18

Seoul High.

My eyebags are dark as I walk through the hallways. I haven't slept a wink last night because of my phone's insistent vibration and blinking with the same text every 5 minutes. Honestly how did Bona manage to stay up the whole night?

Did she leave her phone on auto-pilot and keep repeating the same message until I reply? Because god, was I tempted to tell her to stop saying sorry.

Stopping by my locker, I groan at the sketchy sounds of squeaky shoes echoing through the halls plus the noises of mindless chatter. I lean forward, feel my body give up as I lean my forehead against the cool metal of my locker. I really want to sleep right now, I'm considering going to the clinic to fake a bad cold. But who am I kidding? I'm a terrible liar.

The noise goes down and it reminds me that classes are about to start. I huff then frown, wondering where Seola is for our usual meet up but ignore it as I kick myself off the wall and drag my feet to the direction of my first class.

"Are you okay?"

My body stiffens at the sound of her voice coming from behind me, I nearly trip myself if I weren't already walking slow enough. I gulp and clear my throat, my brown orbs nervously looking around my surrounding to calm down my beating heart as I walk faster trying my best to completely ignore her.

A scoff is being resonated to my ears.

"Aw, come on" She huffs, I heard her feet following close behind me. What day is it today? Oh right, Monday- we have the morning classes together, fuck.

I almost stop walking because why is she talking to me in front of the student body when I realized mostly everyone disappeared to their respective rooms already.

"Can you stop walking? I know your legs are long and whatever but slow down, I'm a grandma when it comes to walking." She whines while I roll my eyes knowing she may be pouting and crossing her arms at me right now.

I turn a corner, grip my books tight to my chest as I curse at whoever principal we have in this school for making my locker far from my first Monday class.

"Ugh, okay- I'm sorry!" she yells, causing my feet to stop moving as I stay frozen but decide not to turn to her.

I feel her exhale. "Well of course you know I'm sorry, I've been texting you about a million times." She hisses, causing me to frown deeply.

I keep telling myself to ignore her. I adjust my backpack and continue walking down the empty hallway, counting the time before class starts. I'm never a latecomer.

"What? What did I say?" she asks, her voice getting near me.

Bona is such a baby.

Trying to shut her out of my ears when I feel her grab my arm and spin me around, making my eyes bulge at the action. I almost pity her when I see how even darker her eyebags were, it looked like she hadn't slept for a week.

She notices me staring, her hands coming up to shield her face from me. "I understand that I am not in my normal hot state right now so please don't judge me." She whispers, peeking at me through the holes of her fingers.

I bite my lip holding myself from smiling and duck my head down, "why the fuck are you so cute.." i thought while playing with the tip of my shoes. My eyes buldge when it comes to my realisation with what i just thought "Oh hell nah! focus Eunseo FOCUS-"

"Okay listen, I said I was so-"

"I know Bona" I sigh, letting out a loud breath. "I know, you texted me remember?"

She beams and nods her head. "Yes, so am I forgiven?"

I frown then shake my head furiously. "No, a billion text messages of you saying sorry isn't going to just cut it." I whine, licking my lips in frustration as she pouts at me.