Chapter 17

She won't stop texting me.

Bona.

After Luda brought me to her house last night and gave me new clothes to change to, we went to the nearest pizza parlor and ate one whole roll. It was fun, we talked about everything like why she transferred, our birthdays, the typical things you talk when you're on a date. I mean, we didn't have a date but you know, the typical things you talk about when you're starting to have a date with someone.

The most annoying part of that night in the pizza parlor? felt empty. It's just- no matter how much I told myself to get away from Bona because she's a hopeless case, I only keep going back to her in my head. I can't stop thinking of her and I can't stop my heart when it beats for her. Now I'm starting to think, I'm the hopeless case.

The ringing sound of my phone disrupts me from my thoughts as I shuffle in bed while rubbing my sore eyelids as I slide my phone open. I sigh upon seeing her name flash again.

Kim Bona : I'm sorry.

It's starting to get to me too, because is that the only thing you have to say? Does she think that by saying a million sorry's going to be okay now? That I'm going to forgive her?

Well if I was still the sore loser I'd forgive her in an instant. But now I'm not, I've gotten to experience how it is being with Bona and when she's not surrounded by people from our school, she's just a big baby.

Another ring.

Kim Bona : I'm sorry. In all honesty though, I'm flattered.

Bona does not say sorry she never says sorry to anyone, not even Exy. I know so because I read that in our school newspaper, an article about all things Bona- god, I'm hopeless.

You see, Bona hates admitting defeat, she always wants to be right even if she's wrong. She doesn't want to feel the embarrassment, the guilt, the negativity, no- she wants to make others feel that way, but not her. So when I woke up and saw that she texted me a big sorry text, my heart melted but my brain told me to stand fiercely and not give in.

Receiving a sorry from THE Kim Bona is beyond friendship like hello, Exy doesn't even get a sorry from her, so what does that make me? But I'm tired of always hoping for a relationship with her. Yet I really really want to be friends with her too.

Kim Bona: I'm sorry. really.

I bite my lower lip then slap my cheeks repeatedly, willing myself to not give in as I hid my phone under my pillow and jumped out of bed ready to change into some comfy clothes. It's weekend and I'm going to enjoy it with no problems in the world. That's right, no problems.

Just as I pull over my sweater, my body stiffens at the vibrating sound coming from my bed. I eye it wearily and chew on my lip hesitantly, closing my eyes then opening them to tell myself- again that she's not worth it.

A knock from my bedroom door takes me away from my troubled thoughts as I grabbed a towel wrapped it around my half-naked body. Walking over to the door as I lean close asking who it is.

"Yeah?"

There's rustling in the other side brings a small smile tugs up my lips as I realize that it's my mother bringing me breakfast in bed, most probably. It's this thing she does to remind me that even if she and dad works almost all day, she still cares about me and works hard for my future plus well-being.

"Can you open the door, dear?"

Buzz.

Ugh seriously, it should stop buzzing.

"Sure mom, hold on" I yell out, jumping a feet away to fit the overly-big t-shirt over my head as I roll my eyes at another vibration sound echoing through my room. I opened the door, smile widely at my mother who skips in with a tray of cereal, cookies and milk.