Page 5

He started his car and hurried to the end of the drive. Liam's eyes went wide when he saw Alex. Derek turned to him rage making his face turn purple.

"I don't know who the fuck you are, but you better get your ass off my property before I shoot you."

"Liam get in my car."

"I told you to stay out of this." Liam said but moved from behind his father toward open ground. Derek rounded on his son.

"You know this prick? Is he a former fuck? You must be a pretty good lay, first Joey now this guy. Oh yeah you must be good ass if their willing to go to such lengths to get you." Alex stepped forward.

"Liam come with me."

"I can't." He said and looked from his father to the house.

"Your mothers not here. We'll call her an get her she'll be fine." Alex watched Liam check the driveway and look at the house. He was debating he could tell. "Liam, I swear I'll protect her, but I want you to come with me now." Alex saw Liam hesitate and he looked at the house again. Derek took the momentary distraction to launch himself at his son. Liam went down his father on top of him. Derek shook his son and then punch him rocking his head back. Alex didn't waste time but ran to help.

"Think your going to get away from me huh? Going to get out of our little deal with Joey? I don't think so. Joey doesn't mind the bruises." He said punching Liam in the stomach before being knocked to the side by Alex. Alex had never been a decent fighter so he rolled away from Derek and before the bigger man could recover, he grabbed Liam hauling him up and toward his car. Alex shoved him in and roared away.

"Liam, are you alright?"

"I'm fine." The younger man said but groaned and gritted his teeth. "I have to call my mom." He dug into his pocket but came back empty handed. "Shit I must have dropped it in the yard." Alex pulled his out and handed it over.

"Give her my address. Tell her to go straight there and not to stop. We'll meet her there." Liam waited while the phone rang.

"Mom? Thank god, don't go home, I can't explain right now just don't go home. I want you to meet me." he rattle off Alex's address. "Go there it's a friends house. I promise I'll explain when I see you. If dad calls don't answer. alright... see you soon."

"Is she okay?"

"Yeah she'll meet us there." Alex got them home and once again called Frank to come up and check Liam out. Liam was laying on the couch as Alex walked from to the door.

"Alex that boy is in bad shape. If he gets hurt again, he'll be in the hospital and I can't say he'd come home. He's got more broke ribs, a fractured arm, several bruised organs I think but without a few tests I couldn't tell you how bad it is. I've got the ribs wrapped and the arm set and wrapped. He's got a mild concussion and is severely dehydrated and malnourished. He really should go to the hospital but he's refusing me. I'm hoping you can talk him into it. When his mother gets here call me, I want to check her over as well."

"I will. Thanks again frank. I really appreciate this."

"I'm happy to help in any way I can." When frank was gone Alex went over and on the coffee table so he could see Liam.

"Mom should have been here by now. I have to go find her." Liam tried to sit up, but pain shot through him and he fell back to lay down.

"You can't even sit up. If you promise me that you'll stay here I'll call her and go get her if I need to." Liam nodded. Alex stood and grabbed his phone redialing Liam's mother. A high female voice came on the line.