𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟐

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Breathe in, Breathe out. Breathe in, Breathe out.

You twiddle your thumbs in your lap to try and keep them in place since sitting on your hands didn't do you much good. As you look down the hallway, you notice how it gets darker and darker the further down it goes. The only room supposedly giving off light is the room behind you, making it much easier for your nerves to settle.

How long have I been sitting here? Quickly you look down at your watch, the second hand slowly inching towards the top. It's barely even been a minute.

Maybe I read the time wrong, so I'm late. You immediately look both ways down the corridor. That can't be possible. I stared at that email until the words were engraved in my head. Maybe I was supposed to knock.

Oh my god, I was!

You look behind you, eyes fixated on the obscured glass window, which seems to illuminate brighter than before.

What if I knock and disturb him? What if I'm not supposed to knock? What if me sitting here is making me late, and when I do knock, he thinks I'm an unpunctual idiot and hates me so that he won't hire me? WHAT IF-

"Miss L/N?"

You look up towards the sound of someone's voice, the light behind them is so bright that their face can't be seen that well. You watch as their large figure looks down at you before turning around and walking back into the room they came out of.

"Coming." you reluctantly muttered under your breath before heaving yourself off the chair.

A man with neatly parted blonde hair is sitting at the end of a long conference table, fingers intertwined as he holds his hands. You awkwardly stumble in, your resume and files close to your chest. The supposed employer's eyebrow raises at your klutzy behaviour as you scurry to the seat opposing him.