𝐒𝟏: 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟖

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

You stand outside, your fingers carefully tucking your hair back into place as the morning breeze pushes them. The roads are emptying out as each second on the clock moves closer to the next hour. You are patiently waiting for your boss to arrive at the building's main entrance so the both of you can go to this wretched meeting that had taken you weeks to plan. You've even meticulously chosen the pressed, black and white pinstripe suit that you are wearing now. You peer your head over to look down the street, eyes scanning as occasional cars drive past leaving behind a gust of wind, you press your glossy lips tightly as you wonder where the hell that blonde, stern man is. One thing that was for sure was that Nanami was never late, ever. The man was like clockwork and exactly on time, so to see him 2 minutes late was a little strange. Sighing, you readjust the files in your arm as they start weighing you down.

Soon enough a dark vehicle drives and slows down in front of you, the back, dark tinted window rolled down and there he was, not even lifting his head up for a second. Upon opening the vehicle you realise how nice the interior is, as light shines through the sunroof above, giving the interior a warm glow. "Good morning sir." You greet warmly as you sit down.

"Morning, have you got our checklist and files for today?" he asks finally lifting his head up to look at you. You silently hand him the heavy files, feeling lighter instantly. It was awkward. All of this was awkward. You thought that by now you would be able to easily make small talk with your boss, but you find that it isn't exactly the case. It was hard to ask him an open-ended question as then it felt like you were forcing this information out of him, You wanted him to ease himself and open up but it just never came. You pressed your lips tightly again, they were now not as glossy as before, as you pulled on your fingers trying to conjure up things to talk about. You were itching to pick up your phone and ask Google the best conversation starters.