𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟐

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

The air buzzed with an electric anticipation in the heart of an expansive photography studio, bathed in the soft glow of carefully positioned lights. The walls, painted in a neutral tone, provided a blank canvas for the upcoming visual symphony. Rows of equipment, from tripods to diffusers, stood at attention, each item meticulously placed to serve its purpose in capturing the perfect moment. A team of professionals moved with a harmonious choreography, their whispers of preparation barely audible over the gentle hum of the lighting rig. Today your boss, Nanami Kento, is having a photoshoot for the company's media coverage, and as his personal assistant, you have to be there for logistical support, post-production coordination and because there was no benefit for you to stay in the office any longer.

The morning sun fills and occupies the large white room adding a perfect balance of natural and artificial lighting. The warm coffee in your hand as you lean back on your chair watching it all happen. Stylists float around the blond man, straightening, adjusting, and tempering every minute detail to eliminate all flaws that the camera could possibly pick up on, their nimble fingers adjusted collars and smoothed fabric, ensuring that every fold and crease contributed to the desired aesthetic, spraying an excessive amount over hair spray over his hair. The flock of women collectively step away from him before scattering and scurrying away and out of the frame of the backdrop.

Nanami Kento is gorgeous. You've known that since the second you laid eyes on him, however, there was something about him right now. Whether it was the sudden definition and sharpness in his jaw or the man's ridiculously attractive hollowed cheeks. It could've been his intimidating deep-set eyes that made his chocolate brown eyes that much more alluring. Whatever it was, it was magical. You've been put in a trance, your eyes clung to every inch of him, his hand in his pocket, his impeccably styled hair, the way his suit vest hugged his torso. It's all a little too much, details you've never really noticed.

Keep it together Y/N. He's your boss for Christ's sake.

You tilt your head back taking all the last sips of coffee before resuming your work on your laptop. Deleting and selecting pictures that could then be moved forward with the post-production team. Listening to the clicks of the shutter marked the climax of the visuals, freezing the scene into a single, timeless frame. A copy of every photo is displayed on your laptop screen, his every movement in full detail on your computer screen. The sound of hushed giggles and whispers from behind you perk your interest. "His jaw is so chiselled." One of the stylists points out, all of their eyes trained on the stoic, blond man in the centre of attention, as they quietly gawk over him.

"I know right? I would come to work really early just to see his blessed face every morning."

"Do you think that's why his employee loyalty is so high?"

"Probably." the stylist shrugs. This type of behaviour around groups of women certainly wasn't unbeknownst to you, it seems as though they don't even notice you near them when they say things like this. Minutes pass and soon enough the blond is dismissed for a small breather, you don't notice him approaching you, until he asks, "How's it going?" making you stop in surprise. Now that he's even closer, you can't help but wonder how a mere being could look so perfect; as if he were crafted by God's right hand.

"Uh great, it's going great." you respond, devoiding eye contact with him and looking down at your laptop keyboard instead, the conscious acknowledgement of his attraction is suddenly making the air feel very dry and limited.

You are a 23-year-old woman, pull yourself together.

"Really? I'll have to say I'm quite camera shy, so things like these are never really my best work."

"That's impossible, you look great." The words fly out of your mouth before into your brain. A faint smile tugs the corners of his lips at your statement. " No seriously, there's nothing to worry about, no need to feel uncomfortable." you explain, feeling much more uneasy than he inherently felt. "We need to wrap this up and report back to the office so that you can finalise the partnership with CoreTech." You state, eagerly trying to change the conversation from your inappropriate comment on your boss's appearance. Instead of reverting to his usual apathetic self, his smile lingers for a second more, before nodding and walking back to his seat on set. Immediately, you breathe out a sigh of relief, one that you didn't know you were holding in.
The photographer, clad in black, cradles a camera as though it's an extension of their being. He surveys the scene through the lens, a window into the visual narrative about to unfold. The photographer's voice, a gentle cadence of direction, guides Nanami through a ballet of poses and expressions.

As the session comes to an end, you thank all of the staff members who helped, discussing details for further steps all while you wait for him to get ready to head back to work. The two of you step out and you remain quiet on the ride back to work, your brain moving at a hundred miles an hour as all you can seem to do is relive the previous moment. The thought seems to be overwhelming you, causing you to flick your bottom lip between your teeth, rotate your ankle repeatedly, and twiddle your thumbs furiously as you look outside of the car window in a desperate yet futile attempt to calm yourself down.
It's fine Y/N, it wasn't even that bad, he probably doesn't even remember you said that to him.
As you peer over, you notice him eyeing you and your nervous antics carefully, his piercing gaze seems to send a shiver down your spine, nearly making you apologise for being so nervous. All movements come to a halt, clearing your throat, you look outside your window with more intent, squinting to make it seem as though you were admiring the city's architecture and its design. That doesn't seem to take his chilling stare away from you, you want nothing more than to disappear into the earth's core. You know it. He's bound to reprimand you for your inappropriate behaviour. From your peripheral vision, you see him turn his head away from you and look outside the same window, his chin resting in his palm, he breathes deeply before saying,

"What would you like for lunch Y/N?"