𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟏

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Your fingers make contact with your laptop keyboard, quiet clacking filling the silence in the dimly lit room. The room pulses with an occasional flicker from the candles resting in the room. They emit a soft, ambient glow that bathes the room in a cozy, warm light, making it feel homely.

The evening sun had dipped below the horizon, casting a warm, golden glow through the curtains of the living room. Soft, muted colors on the walls, create an inviting atmosphere. Underneath the beige knitted throw blanket, you feel a familiar friend brush past your feet and crawl towards you. Gigi, your cat, snuggles up beside you and purrs softly keeping you company.The scent of cookies, soft and warm, travels on invisible wings into your nose making you call out to your best friend who was whisking away in the kitchen. "Naaila!" you call out, letting your head rest on the wall behind you as you wait for a response. "Naaila, are you done with the cookies yet, they were basically pre-made."

Naaila walks through into the living room holding a plate of, aromatically pleasuring, chocolate chip cookies. "Nuh uh, had to measure out the milk and add softened butter to it." She explains, setting the plate down on the wooden coffee table before me.

"Isn't butter already soft?" You ask her, tilting my head quizzically.

"That's what I thought, so I just put it in anyway." She walks back to the kitchen, with her back to you, "Don't you dare eat them yet Y/N, patience is key." You roll your eyes at your access to food is being denied. As it made its presence known, the wind brushed against the curtains, causing them to sway in response. You purse your lips again, reminding yourself that you need to get back to work or you'll be stuck in the office all day, more often than you'd; like to. A little rub on Gigi's head gets you going as your eyes bore into the screen again.