𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟑

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

Afternoon weariness creeps on you like a predator carefully planning out when to pounce on their naive prey.
As much as you value looking your best to feel your best, your job has started being very taxing and demanding of you. Making calls, sending out emails, printing documents, and planning his schedule, makes you drowsy and sluggish unable to deal with the maintenance of your appearance. More often than not, you find yourself slipping your feet out from your heels, sitting with your legs up and your gentle hands soothingly rubbing over your feet to ease their throbbing as you reabsorb yourself in work. You're thankful you started bringing a pair of your large slippers, easing your feet from the constant strain being put on them.

The soft clicking and clacking of the keyboard fill your minimalist office, the sound slightly reverberating off the walls. Sun rays ebb and flow into your room, pouring in a constant stream of light, illuminating the tense space. A light hum slips past your lips as you work, recalling a song which seemed to have been playing on repeat in your mind for the past hour. Today is the most productive day that you've had ever since you've worked here. You're flying through tasks today and it's all starting to look like you may be able to leave at 4, for the rest of the month. The thought only pushes you further, your manicured fingers sliding over the top of the keys, determinedly typing away.

I wonder what I'll do when I get home. Nice long shower? Movie night? Early sleep?

"L/N, follow me to my office immediately." The blond boss peers his head through your door, a look of urgency displayed on his face, though not evident to you as I groan under your breath and heave yourself up and out of your seat. Taking a moment for yourself, you stretch, twist and turn, cracking and soothing all aching muscles and joints in your body You won't be surprised if you wouldn't be able to walk as well at 40. You drag your feet across the carpeted floor, the large slippers creating a faint scraping sound along the corridor as you make your way to his office.