𝐒𝟏:𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐒𝐎𝐃𝐄 𝟏𝟒

█ ✪ █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█ ✪ █

As the day winds down in Nanami's office, Naaila's voice cuts through the hum of printers and shuffling papers, coming from the phone pressed to your cheek by your shoulder. Piles of paper occupy your hands as you teeter from one side of Nanami's office to the other.

"So, what do you wanna do after work?" Naaila asks.
Pausing, you unload the paperweight onto a nearby surface. Leaning against the expansive window, you look out of the office window wall with a panoramic view of the city skyline. The sunlight paints the room with a golden hue, causing a wave of sleepiness to slowly start to wash over you.
"Indian food sounds good to me," you suggest, breaking momentarily from the office's cinematic view. Seating yourself on one of the plush leather sofas tucked away in the corners of the office, you let the stress of work fly away, taking a moment to yourself.
Naaila, being the sociable person she is has very different plans and means for the night. "What if," she starts, leaving a moment of silence to let her suggestion steep in the air, "we maybe went out tonight. You know, you and me, a little girl time." Naaila's liveliness and itch to party all night long heavily contrast with your laid-back nature. Your mind fills with countless instances to which you've been forced to go out just for the sake of her, but you don't mind it too much, it's all to make your best friend happy.
"I don't know, Naaila. I'm not feeling it tonight," you begin, your words met with her forceful interjection.
"We haven't been out in ages," she whines like a toddler begging for a toy.

"Naaila, I—" She cuts you off again, determined to sway your decision.

"But we really need this, and it's been so long."
"I can't tonight."

"Is it because you're trying to impress your boss, or iare you really tired?" She presses.

"I genuinely can't." The printer, which has started being uncooperative too starts to aggrevate you. Your finger harshly punches the button on the machine. "Well, look at it this way. This is an opportunity for you to get back out there, and go on a date or two. " you suggest in an attempt to keep her happy.
There's a harshness in her voice when she tells you, "I don't want to go on a date.""Ooh I see."
"See what? What do you see?"
"Ever since you've been hanging around that Gojo guy, you've been different. " you explain, a mischievous tone laced in your voice.
"What do you mean different? I haven't been anything but the same."
Her defensive tone doesn't stop you from taunting her, "Well, you aren't even trying to go on a date for fun anymore. What happened to all those dating apps on your phone?"
"They were taking up my storage and besides I told you."
"Hmm, sure," you tease, your persistence unwavering.

"You're insufferable."

"Love you too," You quip, a parting ding echoing through the phone as you end the call between the both of you. You turn around, face to face with the troublesome printer. A couple of beeps and boops before the printer flashes an irritating "ERROR" code, as if your day can't get even more irksome, it doesn't take long before your attention is torn away from it though.
"Nanamin?" An unfamiliar voice, sounding alarmingly young for anyone in this building. Your head whips around and behind you stands three kids hovering around the door. The boy in front with pale pink hair and two other people peering from behind him. The boy's first words being 'Nanamin' catch you off guard, nearly missing it.