13. Part Time

(His POV)

I showed up, a casual tee and jeans which seemed to shock people.

I went to the bar and smiled at my working baby.

I watched her move around and she spotted me.

She walked over.

"What would you like?" She asked.

"Hmmm. Something tropical." I smiled.

"You got it. Allergic to anything?" She asked.

"Nope."

She moved around the area and I watched her do everything.

"Do you like margaritas?" She asked.

"I do." I nodded and she hummed as she moved around.

She got to the blender and when it was done blending she created a sugar rim with lemon on the edge before pouring it in.

She handed it to me with a tiny umbrella and I smiled.

"Try it." I she nodded.

I did and it was actually really good.

"It's vanilla-y." I said and she smiled.

"Pineapple vanilla." She winked and moved to the people seated next to me.

When she was done and had a small break one of the dancers came behind the bar.

I frowned but she hugged Dahlia. She was that girl Carla or whatever. Her friend.

"This is him. Gabriel meet Carly, Carly meet Gabriel." She smiled and Carly put her hand out.

I shook it with a nod.

"He's a lot hotter close up. Lucky duck." Carly slapped her ass and walked away.

"What was that?" I asked and she came out from behind the bar, wrapped her arms around my neck behind me.

"She's gay don't worry that wasn't flirting with you. And that's her personality so there you go." She kissed my cheek and I heard my phone ring.

"I'll be outside baby." I kissed her lips and moved outside.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Boss, 27th avenue. A man is on a girl and he said your name so I'm assuming you might know him but she's screaming." He said and I looked through the glass at Dahlia who looked at me.

I nodded her over and she talked to Candice as she walked out.

"There's a man I must know on a girl I have to go." I kissed her and unlocked my car.

"I'll come back flower." I said and she nodded as I drove past 25, 26, 27. I parked and got out.

I heard screams as I got into the alleyway.

"Get off her what the fuck is wrong with you!" I shouted, yanking him off her and she shook, her body bare of clothes.

"Stay here." I told her and she nodded.

I heard Chase and some of the guys come over.

"Hold him against the wall." I said and they did as I asked when I went to my car, opening the trunk.

"Boss!" Chase shouted and I looked to see Dahlia helping her up and get dressed.

"How the hell did you get here this fast?" I asked.

"I was on your ass." She didn't look at me as she aided to the cold girl.

She gave her a pair of sweats and a sweatshirt.

"Are you alright? Hungry?" She asked her.

The girl gave Dal a hug and cried while talking to her.

"Go home if you have your car or call someone. Don't worry about him alright?" She cupped the girls face.

The girl nodded.

"Im gonna go s-see my parents." She whispered.

"You do that, get some food and shower all the shit off you okay?" She smiled softly.

"Thank you." She looked at her and I.

"Get home." I nodded and she walked away.

I handed Dahlia the knife.

"Boss I don't know if-"

"Are you questioning me? Is that your place?" I scoffed at one of the guys, Chase looked on the verge of speaking but he didn't.

"Baby I'm calling you off." I called Luke.

"Boss." He said.

"Find more people to work the bar, Dahlia will be part time."

"But-"

"Oh my fucking god listen to me the first time I say something." I hung up.

I looked back and saw the man completely dismembered and the guys just standing there.

"Did you teach her this?" Chase asked me.

I walked behind her.

"Of course I did." I smiled with no humor.

"She's bat shit crazy." One of the ones, he seemed to be new as I couldn't point out his face.

I frowned and walked past her, grabbing him by the throat and lifting him onto the wall.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"I don't think he meant it like that Mr. Aldine." Chase whispered.

"Then how? Is that supposed to be a compliment?" I asked.

"W-well probably not a compliment but-"

"My point, this is your warning to keep your mouth shut." I punched him in the face, his head hitting the bricks behind him.

He groaned and fell when I let him go.

"You hear me?" I asked and squatted down.

"Yes." He coughed.

"Good." I stood.

I turned and smiled at Dahlia.

"I'm so proud of you. I called you part time so how about the other half you're with me. You're good at being crazy." I moved her hair from her face.

"Okay daddy." She whispered and I kissed her.

"Call the crew." I said to Chase.

"I'll pay you for being with me." I told her and she nodded.

"Wanna go get pizza?" I asked.

"Yes!" She smiled.