39. A Month

I KNOW I ALREADY USED THIS SONG BUT FUCK ITS TOO GOOOOOOD

(Her POV)

I sat on the bed, crying.

The day we came back from the trip in Maui he had been working since.

We hadn't waken up together, slept at the same time, cuddled, had sex or anything for over a month.

We had gotten in an argument because it went from good to so different.

I'd hung up on him, scared he wasn't into me, or maybe was being unfaithful.

I was mortified of being heartbroken.

I heard the door slam open and shut, stomps growing louder as they moved up the stairs and my door slammed open, the force causing the knob to go through the wall.

He stared at me, nose flared, eyes red, shirt undone at the top.

"Do you think I'd hurt you?" He shut the door closed, staying a good distance away.

"It's been a month." I cried, my voice cracking.

He threw me his phone and it landed beside me on the bed.

"The code is Dahlia. Open it." He nodded, his fists balled at his sides.

I grabbed his phone and looked between him and the phone.

I typed it in and it opened.

"Look through it. Look at my history, look at my messages, my calls." He said bitterly.

I did as he'd asked me.

"What's in there?" He asked.

"Nothing." I whispered and shut it off.

He walked to me, threading his fingers through my hair and yanking so I'd meet his eyes.

"What have I done to you to make you doubt me? For fucks sake your name is engraved in my chest. The biggest tattoo I have is you!" He asked, shouting, his face pained.

"I haven't seen you in a long ass time Gabe." I wiped my eyes and he grabbed my arms and made me stand.

Tears began pouring down his face as he curled his upper lip and yanked me against his chest.

"Don't call me that." He told me, not a plead, but a warning.

"Where've you been?" I asked, not hugging him back, I felt so far even though I was in his arms.

"Getting ready to propose." He whispered.

"What?" I pulled away.

"It was suppose to be a surprise. You ruined it, I told you to trust me over the phone and you didn't." He backed up, wiping his own face from dreaded tears.

"I'm sorry." I sat, my butt hitting the floor as I tucked my knees to my chest, sobbing into them.

It wasn't my intention. I didn't mean too.

"Damn it Dahlia. I'm fucking tired. God I just want this to be done, be my fucking wife screw what I've been planning. Just marry me. Be mine. You'll never have to doubt me again." He knelt in front of me, pulling my hands from around my knees, pulling my legs from my body.

He grabbed my jaw and forced me to look at him.

"I won't let you go long without me again, I'll keep my phone here if I'm busy and-"

"Stop. Don't- you've never given me a reason to doubt you. I'm just frustrated because I can't go a month without you. I've been alone and we don't even cuddle the night hours we are together. I just need you." Tears fell from my face and he grabbed me, pulling me into his lap.