17. Suffice

(Her POV)

I grabbed some Pop Tarts, some things to make spaghetti.

I hummed as I grabbed the garlic bread from the freezer isle.

I moved to the isle next to it and reached for the cereal, my phone buzzing.

I couldn't quite reach and I decided to not embarrass myself by reaching.

Gabriel- Careful baby, pull down your shirt for me won't you?
Me- okay daddy
Gabriel- Good girl

I did as he asked, pulling it down as it was a pretty short cropped top I huffed and tried reaching for the cereals again.

I looked down, standing on the shelf closest to the ground as I grabbed the Cocoa Puffs.

I sighed, putting it in the cart.

I looked around me, Gabriel wasn't even in here I don't think.

I called him and he answered.

"Dahlia?"

"Where are you?" I asked.

"My office flower." He answered and I looked around at the cameras.

"You have the grocery store cameras?"

"I have all of them. If I were there in person I would've helped you grab that cereal. And if you were alone why the hell would I not walk up to you?" I could hear his smirk through the phone.

"I don't know. I was just curious." I hung up and flipped the camera off.

Gabriel-Silly girl. Hurry up now.

I put my phone away and I moved around the store to grab whatever else seemed necessary including Capri-Suns. So bomb.

I went to check out and the cashier looked at me.

"Dahlia?" She asked.

"Yes?" I was lost.

"Your groceries are already pre paid. You can go to self checkout and bag them or just go." She said and I frowned.

I left and got to my car.

I popped the trunk and placed my things inside before a hand grabbed my ass and I gasped, turning.

"My fucking fuck. Don't do that!" I smacked Gabriel's chest as he shook with laughter.

"And why would you buy my groceries?" I asked.

"I felt like it." He held the top of my trunk and leaned over me.

"I don't want you to do that. You buy me enough things." I frowned.

"What're you gonna do about it my flower?" He grabbed my chocked, his pointer finger pulling on it so I came closer to him.

"Nothing." I whispered.

"I know. What other errands are you running?" He asked me.

"I have to go home and put these away. Then I have to go to Target, they have laundry stuff that's cheaper then I plan on cleaning my apartment." I told him.

"You need help?" He asked.

"No it's okay-"

"I'll follow you love. You don't get to tell me no when I help you." He kissed my cheek and walked away.

I sighed and closed my trunk, putting my cart away.

I drove to my house, my door opening.

"You're so fast." I clamped my eyes shut.

"You're so jumpy." He went to my trunk and opened it, both of his arms taking all the groceries.

"What? I can help." I followed him as I closed my car doors.

"Okay then open your door." He motioned to it and I sighed.

-

"Done." He stood and I smiled at him.

"You didn't have to help me clean my place. It wasn't necessary." I watched as he walked toward me.

He grabbed my face between his hands and smiled.

"A thank you would suffice." He nodded.

"Thank you." I told him.

"Of course sweetheart. Go shower you look sweaty." He pulled back.

"Do you have to go?" I asked.

"Shower for 20 minutes dress for 10 come with me." He nodded and I went to go shower immediately.