Fifty-Three: Seeing Double

"BE RIGHT OUT!"

"BE RIGHT OUT!"

Beau made an annoyed grunt at my response to whoever was on the other side of the bathroom door, his lips still feeling right at home on the side of my neck.

"Be right out?" he groaned. "I'd rather keep this party going in here. What'd ya think?"

"No." I sucked in a breath. "Beau, stop."

He did.

He did, and it hurt.

Beau walked across the room, tracing my face with his eyes like he'd never fully looked at me before. It was sweet...but worrying. It would be just like Beau to try to hide it if he weren't feeling well. Maybe he would let me take care of him one day like he did with me. Just maybe.

He swore beneath his breath as he crossed the room.

"God, you're hot. How—"

He stopped, shaking his head.

Laughing, I looked down at myself. Damp swimsuit, sand stuck to me in places I wished it wasn't, my face aged by the sun and wind. I didn't feel the least bit sexy, but I knew Beau was trying to flip the focus from him to me. He went a step further to prove that when he snatched up an extra swimsuit top from the floor, pulled the string ties out of it before closing the distance between us.

"You sure you don't want to lie down?" I asked. My heart rate kicked up a notch as he moved stealthily toward me.

"Nah, I want you to first," he said with a grin.

He pocketed the strings while he walked to the patio doors, opening them a crack. It surprised me, considering how he made sure to close them the other night when he knew Bren and Madie were out there. And right now, everyone was out there. But I didn't say anything; I studied Beau as he went to both bedside tables, lighting one candle and then another with a lighter from his pocket.

Beau didn't usually take the time to set the mood like this. He didn't need to. He was the mood. How he spoke, how he moved, the way he touched me. For crying out loud, the first time he'd gotten me off, we were in a hotel elevator. The mood was...desperation.

But something had gotten into him today, and I trusted Beau with my whole heart. So I fell back onto the bed and thrust my hands above me, knowing what he wanted.

Beau raised a brow but didn't waste a single second; he tied my wrists together using the swimsuit strings, and based on how little give I had to move, he also tied them to the wrought iron headboard.

As he leaned over me, his strong-smelling cologne enveloped me like a cloud. It was musky, masculine and...suffocating. I couldn't place it. It wasn't what I was expecting. It wasn't salt, sand, and sun. It wasn't Beau.