Epilogue: Wildfire

"BEAU, WHERE ARE WE GOING THIS TIME?"

I shouldn't have agreed to this. But I'd been so busy with my senior year projects that when Beau said he wanted to plan a spring break getaway, I went along with it. I didn't have time to make travel plans, and he'd assured me that the only thing I would need to do was show up.

So here I was, showing up.

Beau was loading my bags into the trunk, which he had insisted on packing, and I couldn't help but notice how many of them there were. I had a hunch—okay, more than a hunch—that we weren't just driving down the coast to Malibu this year.

Beau slid into the front seat behind the steering wheel, flashing me a cheeky grin.

And then not answering me.

"Are we flying or driving?" I probed.

His smile grew.

"We're flying, aren't we?"

He nodded as he pulled away from the curb, and my stomach flipped. I mulled over the possibilities as Beau drove quietly, biting down on his lip to contain how much he was enjoying this.

When I started to recognize the direction he was taking, I turned to look at him with a firm glare. "In a regular plane or your mom's plane?"

Beau seemed to consider that, and I immediately knew his answer. I should have known.

"You know," he said. "I did look at booking us business class tickets. But I honestly couldn't find a flight out that had six spots left on it today."

My gaze sharpened. "Six?"

Beau absolutely lost it then, his mouth stretching so wide that he had to cover his smile for a little laugh. At that exact moment, we pulled up to the small, private airport to find Bren, Madie, Nessa, and Grayson standing outside of it, large suitcases sitting in front of them.

"You didn't tell me we were all going!" I cried, giving his arm a little slap before trying to get out of the car before it had halted. Beau grabbed my wrist to stop me.

"We are all going," he said, his voice suddenly husky and deep. "But we're all staying in our own suites because I damn well need some alone time with you after how busy we've both been."

A shiver ran down my spine at the intent in his eyes.

"That sounds good," I said, feeling breathless.

"Damn right, it sounds good," Beau grunted before releasing my wrist and letting me jump from his car and all but into the arms of Nessa.

"Surprise!" Enthusiasm painted her face, and I elbowed her in the side—payback for keeping this from me. I'd spent the better part of the last two weeks complaining to her about Beau keeping this trip so under wraps, and if I had to guess, she knew way more about it than I did the entire time.