The Confession

After spending time with Roshni, Aman went back home but not empty handed. He brought sweets for everyone. "Wow. What's the special occasion? Did some girl finally say yes to marry you?" "Abbu. What do you mean by finally? If I asked any girl would say yes. Anyway this is all because I am super happy today. My friend did something special and I am happy about that." The youngsters understood what Aman meant by that and they all secretly winked at each other.
       They went to his room to talk to him. "When are you going to tell her about your feelings" asked Aliya. Aman looked at them all and looked down while smiling sadly "what's the point? It's not like we can actually be together or get married if she reciprocates. Did you all forget our family's equation with her family. If it was two years ago, then I would have confessed to her the moment I met her but now." Rehan sat beside him and held his hand "Bhai it's better to still confess. What if one day you realise that if you had taken the risk and told Bhabhi about your feelings for her and she would have reciprocated and the problems also could have been solved. We don't want you to live with that regret lifelong. Please just do it. Who knows what the future holds." Everyone looked at Rehan with wide eyes, then looked at each other and burst out laughing. Farah while laughing asked "Bhai when did you become so sensible to give such good advice?" "Since he met Shayari" Aman answered. Rehan blushed as he heard her name and left the room pretending to get a call. Everyone laughed after he went. "Aman, what he said is still correct. You should confess. In fact we will all help you" said Kabir. "Ok. Let's do it" replied Aman after taking a long breath. They all cheered and had a group hug.
Two days later Aman called Roshni to meet him somewhere. She went and found the place to be dark. She went inside, moving the curtain and saw pictures of her and her dearest Khanbaba from childhood to her leaving party five years ago. There were also handwritten notes on his favourite things about her and their favourite childhood memories together. As she walked on she saw a heart made of roses on the floor. She went and stood inside the heart crying. Aman came out. He was wearing a black suit with a white shirt inside.
He went and took her hands. "Roshni. I have practiced this scene in my dreams everyday since a long time but I still don't know what to say today as I actually stand in front of you. All I know is that you complete me and that there is no Aman without his Roshni. Everyday when I look into the mirror, I see you instead of me. When someone calls me, it is you who I hear and hope to see. You are everywhere throughout me. You're in my mind as my thoughts, in my eyes as dreams, in my mouth as words, in my arms as my greatest strength, in my legs as my eternal destination, in my veins as my blood and in my heart as my heartbeats. Each and every one of my heartbeats beat in your name. Be it life or death, it is you who I want to be with forever. Will you be mine?"
Roshni was blank for a moment. Then she felt it. Her dream was finally coming true and her love was expressing his love for her. "Sorry what?" she asked still in a daze. Aman smiled and said "Ms Roshni Ahmed, I love you." "You love me, as a friend right?" He chuckled and replied "I love you as a man loves a woman." That was it. She couldn't control it any longer and hugged him so hard he almost fell over. He didn't need an answer after this. He understood her answer from her hug. He hugged her hard. She fit perfectly in his arms. Her petite frame in his muscular one.
       After breaking the hug he cupped her face and whispered "I Love You" trying to hold back his tears. She wiped away his tears and replied "I Love You." He smiled and kissed her forehead. They left the place and he drove her to an ice cream parlour and got their favourite flavour. "You know Roshni, I haven't had this ice cream since five years." "Neither have I Khanbaba." They drove around for a while before Aman dropped her a few minutes away from her house.
As Roshni entered she was met with a surprise. Her distant relative, Farooq was there. He smiled at her and went and tried to hug her but she pretended to drop her phone. Roshni was not against hugs from guys but she never felt quite right whenever he was near her. His smile sent shivers down her spine. She made small talk with him and ran to her room and closed the door. Something told her that something bad was going to happen.