Happy Ending

Roshni was well taken care of throughout her entire pregnancy. Aman and Ayaan were always behind her to eat her food and medicines and rest. At times she felt blessed to have such a loving family and at other times she felt like shutting everyone in a room and living her best life. As the months passed by, she began having dreams. Dreams of her dying during childbirth. She hid this from Aman and everyone else as she couldn't take the slightest risk with her baby. Although Aman was extremely loving as a father, nothing mattered to him more than Roshni's well-being. If he found out about it he wouldn't hesitate to decide against their baby for her. Due to her fear, she began taking extra care of herself and stopped working. Aman was confused about her extra cautious behaviour but he was mostly concerned about her not going to work. He knew how much Roshni loved her job and how passionate she was about it.
       He decided to confront her so one morning he waited for her to come out of the bathroom. 'Roshni'. She turned and looked at him. 'I need to talk to you about something.' She was confused but then a pang of fear hit her. Was there something wrong in her reports? Was he going to talk to her about not having their baby? Her hand went to her stomach and as she held it protectively, she said 'no Khanbaba. Please don't do anything like this. I'll take really good care of myself. I won't eat any junk food, I won't do any work. I won't even lift Ayaan and I promise I won't exert myself. Please don't do this.' Aman was extremely surprised at her outburst and he pulled his ear to make sure he heard it properly. 'Roshni, what on earth are you saying? I just wanted to ask you why you're being so extra cautious and not going to the job you adore. What happened to you? What was all this about?' Roshni sighed and gave up. She told him about her dreams and fear. He laughed and said 'this was it? They're just dreams and also you're reports are completely normal but for your satisfaction we will go see the doctor.'
       After seeing the doctor Roshni was finally relieved and began easing more. Soon she was in her last trimester and her mood swings were all over the place. One day everyone were sitting around and talking when she suddenly shrieked in pain. Aman who realised what was happening, instructed Kabir to start the car and helped her get in. After many long hours of labour, their daughter was born. As Aman held her, he got reminded of Roshni as a child. Their families arrived and they all took turns holding their princess. A few days after Roshni was discharged Aman came home from work and saw the love of his life sitting on the couch admiring the two sleeping, symbols of their love. Their Ayaan and Arohi. He smiled and sat beside her. She rested her head on his shoulder and said 'time passed by so swiftly, right?' I remember us being small kids and now we have two kids.' He nodded and kissed her forehead. He said 'I love you so much and I will always love you till the day I breathe.' I love you too Khanbaba. I love you more than anyone or anything in the world because you are my world.' They joined their lips together and shared a small yet passionate kiss with each other. As they were about to continue, they heard a small cry and they looked at each other. Their daughter had awoken. They chuckled and went to take care of her.
       Their life went on and they lived happily with each other and their families.

                                  This is the end of this story. Thank you for reading.