Chapter Thirty

Carina was always a morning person, she liked watching the sunrise in the horizon. No matter how late she goes to bed, she would be up when the morning sky was still littered with stars. In London, she would climb to her tower with a cup of tea and watch the skies turn orange as the sun slowly come out. The smell of the fresh grass would overpower the city's horrid odor, and the breeze cool.

But this. If every morning would be like this.

She damn well wish the sun would take its time in rising or not at all.

If she could, she would have compromised Apollo's sun chariot so the god would repair it, delaying the morning rise.

Burying her face into the pillow, Carina gripped on the sheets to find some sort of release. She tried moving away but Theodore held her thighs and pressed his face further, if the act have not risen her arousal, it was the movement of his tongue. Licking, poking.

Looking out the window, she saw the sun's rays peaking in the horizon –

No, she shouldn't think of that now. What she should focus on was the man between her thighs, greeting her good morning in the most pleasurable and erotic way. How did they end up like this, again? That's right, it started with her waking early in the morning, Theodore – uncharacteristically – was still asleep beside her, snoring softly, she made a note to tease him about it later. She watched him for what felt like an eternity, placing a hand on his chest to make sure that he was still breathing. Her simple action of tracing the patterns of his tattoos on his bare chest woke him from his sleep. From simple teasing kisses on his body, he suddenly went under the sheets.

A gasping moan left her lips as came to that place, that spot that sent a white flame through her body. The tingling sensation reached to the tips of her fingers and toes.

She was not sure if it was her reaction or maybe he was just that greedy as Theodore suddenly flipped her to lie on her back and unleashed himself on her. The feeling of his kisses had her raking a hand through his locks, not sure whether to press him down or to push him away. His name was the only thing that left her lips as she felt her climax nearing –

Stars light was one way to describe it, as she had the release. There was so much, and Theodore made sure to lick every bit of it.

It was only when she called for his name did he rise. "Good morning," he whispered, licking his lips.

"Good morning." She was still panting, her body slightly shaking from the experience. She climbed on his chest when he laid down beside her. They both faced the rising sun and sighed at the day that awaits them. "I love them, but I really want to chuck them into the carriage back to bloody England."

He chuckled. "Good to know that I'm not the only one who things of it."

As the sun slowly appeared in the horizon, Carina sighed and rose from the bed. Grabbing her nightdress, she was about to put it on when Theodore grabbed her and had her sit on his lap. "What is it?" she asked.

He did not answer. His hands caressed her smooth skin, from her hips to he breasts which he took his time at, and then to her collar bone, tracing it along until he reached her neck. He whispered something in Gaelic, a term of endearment, maybe. But as he spoke it sounded more like a prayer.

"What did you say?" She took his hand and kissed his palm.

He shook his head, "Nothing you don't already know." He sat up and kissed her lips. Before it could go any further, Carina pushed him back and said, "I must go before they wake."

"I know."

"Then release me and give me my dress!" Theodore threw the dress at her face. Rolling her eyes, Carina finally left the bed and wore the thin garment and retrieved her robe from the chair. "I promised them that we would continue our walk around town today. Would you like to join us?"