Chapter Fifty-One

The timeline with Carina and Theodore's stories are no longer in line. There are times when Carina's story jumps weeks or months ahead of Theodore's or his being more advanced. So, there would be instances when their day-calculations are far from each other.

That's all.

~*~

"Those werewolves from Murrey and MacDonald's camp, what did you notice about them?" Carina sat on the leather seat of what was Theodore's study and now was her own as she addressed the gathered crowd that took the available seats in the room – Roman at the corner of her table, Hermione at the chair across hers, Bjorn was standing at the corner while Blaise was by the fire, enjoying the heat.

It was late at night; the meeting would have been held earlier if Malia and Roman and Bjorn have not forcer her to eat dinner by threatening to not cooperate on the meeting unless she finishes the plate of food. She ate ever piece there was, had seconds, and a cake for dessert. Lately, she's had a taste for cake – lemon cake to be more specific.

They joined her at dinner, none showing the manners on the table but for Hermione and Malia. Viktor was there as well, joining in the chaos that was brought by the others.

With Carina opening the manor again, she had Viktor returned to his old room and made him an official member of her household. The boy was overjoyed to be reunited with her and to have his own room again – he was mostly excited with the latter. But it won't be long until he needed to leave that room again because he had to attend Hogwarts.

Once everyone has eaten, they agreed that they take the meeting in the study, a small space for their crowd but Carina promised that once the house was settled and she has everything in order, she will look for a more suitable council room, one with chairs and bigger table since Hermione kept bringing even bigger books in every door they pass. One time Carina did a double take in the room before they left as Hermione was now holding more books in hand, it only earned her a look from Hermione to proceed.

"They're wearing Murrey and MacDonald colors," said Roman, picking his nails with the knife.

"They look like they slept on dirt and shite," Bjorn shrugged.

"Yes, I presumed that as well with how they smell when we were on the carriage," Carina adjusted herself on the chair, when Roman noticed her discomfort, he grabbed a stool and had her feet elevated there. "Thank you. Anymore?"

"They're not Aurors, they're farmers, shop owners," Blaise spoke. "Look at their hands and how they hold themselves – you know this, Alston, you've been training with Aurors."

"I know they're not Aurors," said Roman.

"Murrey and MacDonald have forced men and women into their cause," Carina spoke. "I know this because Blaise informed Theodore and I the night before the handfasting," she gave a pointed look at Zabini as the man mockingly smirked at her, "paying us a very unwelcomed visit."

"Your point?" Hermione asked.

"Show them the hospitality that Clach Dhubh is known for and return them to their camps far better than when they came. These are people who were simply forced out of their lively hood by their lairds to join a pointless fight, a man who has no army has no power." Before Roman could say anything, she asked Blaise to tell them more about what he learned in the lands.

Getting up from where he leaned on the mantle, Blaise strutted by the table and sat on the seat across Hermione to pester her. "It's only Murrey and MacDonald who question Her Grace's succession, the rest of their families remain neutral to it. They believe in the superstition of the Manor choosing its successor, and since the Manor opened to her, her claim is far stronger to other families. Also, the people support Her Grace's claim to the title because of the little bugger growing inside her right now." He gestured to her bump. "She carries the main line of the Nott family, bastard or not – new name or not – that child is a Nott."