Will reading

--Michael--

I immediately grabbed my phone and called the only person I felt like talking to right now. She picked up on the 2nd ring.

"What are the kids doing?" I asked immediately without even bothering why she was awake at this hour.

"They just slept now, Michael."

"Let me see them."

We connected the call to video and Sanju entered the kids room. They returned back from Florida.

Krish and Renee were sleeping peacefully. I saw pillows on all four sides of the bed. I immediately felt peace seeing them. Yeah, they have been my lifeline since they were born. Until then I never bothered to play with kids. But with Liam, Krish and Renee I'll just spend my entire life playing with them.

"What's wrong?" Sanju came into the screen.

Taking a deep breath, I narrated everything that had happened, conversation with my step mother and my raging emotions.

"Michael, I won't tell you to forget everything that has happened. Clearly, you and your mother have suffered but we can't change what has happened and your step mother and brothers have nothing to do with this. Holding a grudge against innocent people is not at all a correct thing and your father is no more. Blaming dead people isn't right. They are equal to god. Try to calm down. Try to move on. Leading your entire life while holding the things that happened in your past isn't agreeable."

I laughed at her word's, "Clearly these are Robert's sayings. I don't know that there is a good motivator in him."

"Shut up." She scolded me.

I sighed, "I am trying Sanju but it's like I am doing injustice to my mother."

She shook her head, "Not at all. Think in this way, maybe she doesn't want you to suffer anymore and maybe she wants you to forgive them. Forgiving a person is a brave act."

"Oh god!! What am I gonna do without you?" I said dramatically.
She laughed. We spoke for a few minutes and finally hung up.
_____

The day of will reading has finally come. I still don’t know why am I still here and what am I supposed to do?

The huge table in the room was occupied my me, Seb, Mr. White, my old man's partner, Mark and Matthew. Nina isn't here and I hadn't bothered to ask the reason of her absence.

I sat at the table along with Seb. My brothers sat on the opposite side. Did I just say my brothers? What's wrong with me? I suppressed a groan.

At the head of the table sat the lawyers. Since I came here Mark and Matthew have been debating whether they need to talk to me or not. It is clearly visible in their faces. So, instead I just avoided them.

Leaning fully back into the chair, I spread my legs wide beneath the table and pulled out my phone and started scrolling through it because I'm not at all interested in any of my old man's properties or to who he has given them.

I know for sure that he won’t leave anything to me. Then why am I here? Only god must know.

One after the other lawyers dealt with the properties and shares of my old man and as I guessed, everything were transferred to Nina, Mark and Matthew.

Now the lawyers have moved to the company details. Collin Ads. The most prestigious company of Sr. Mr. Collin.

For about 5 minutes the lawyers actually read about the history of the company.

Yeah… even though my mind and heart aren't interested about all this drama, seems like my ears are interested. They kept on capturing every word that spilled out the lawyers mouths. Human curiosity??  Maybe...

"......I, Martin Collin am willingly, transferring my entire 51% of shares of Collin Ads to my first son, Michael Collin."

My fingers that were moving on the phone screen have frozen. Erry silence engulfed around me.

I could hear my own heart beat. I could hear the faint tik tok of the clock that was hung in this room.

That's how silent the entire room has gone into.

I finally looked up and around the table to see the shocked expression on everyone's face.

My ears hadn't heard it wrong??

______

*Chuckles* Father's will never forget their responsibility. Umm… is it just his responsibility??

____

So, readers, I'm back again with another chapter. How is it?

What do you think about the act of Sr. Mr. Collin. What will Michael do?

Don't forget to share your views. Follow me for updates.

Stay tuned..... And safe..

Love,
Sanju....