I love you

--Michael--

Flopping down on the ground, on my knees, I stared at the names on the tombs.

Anna Collin and Martin Collin.

Yeah! Dad too was buried beside my mum. I deliberately hadn't disclosed this information to you previously because I just don't want to. 

But now, staring at them who were rearing in there peacefully made my eyes moisture. 

Leaning a bit forward, I placed one hand on my mum's tomb and another one on my dad's. 

Unknowingly tears leaked down like rivers and I let them.

"See, I'm here for you. Then you two should be here for me, right? Then why have you left me?" I cried out. With each passing second it became difficult for me to utter a word but I have to. 

I have to speak with them.

"Dad, you are angry that I left you, right?" I asked. 

"Are you still angry?" I again asked him hoping he was there in person right in front of me and he would speak.

"Have you met mum there?"

Then I turned to my mum's tomb, "Are you both happy there?"

I sniffed hard, "I hate you dad. I hate you. Why should you stay away from me? Why hadn't you dragged me with you? Am I that stupid? Won't I listen to you?"

Of course I was stupid all these years. Stupid enough to realise my love towards him. Stupid enough to stay away from him. How have I done that? 

When I was kid I was so stubborn. So stubborn that I never slept without dad. That I never ate without dad. That I never went out without my dad. 

He always used to be on my side like a shadow.

But see how I abandoned him all these years and for that he abandoned me for the rest of my life. 

"Because he too is stubborn like you." I was startled by a familiar voice behind me.

I turned around to find Mark standing there, just a few feet away from me. Clad in his casuals with his hands folded over his chest.

"Mark?!"

"That's me." He said walking towards me and flopping down beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. 

"One of our people saw you here. They informed me and I was quite surprised. I never expected you to be here. So … I'm here."

We both sat silent.

You would be a great big brother.

Both my mum and dad thought that I would be a great brother but again how can I be when I don't even know about them till I hit 15. How can I be when I got separated from them?

If dad really thought I would be a great brother to them, why has he even separated us?

There will be many innumerable questions like this to which I can't find answers now and there won't be any use to pose them either.

"I never knew about you all until the news of you broke out." I said.

He sighed, "I can understand. But since my birth I know about you."

Yeah. Nina said that much. 

"I know that I have a big brother. Dad and mom never hid it from us." He said.

"Why don't you hate me?" I asked.

"Why should I hate you?" He asked in return.

"Because… because…" I couldn't find the words.