The dreadful day

⚠️⚠️⚠️⚠️Again reminding.... Everything here written is fictional. Any resemblance to dead or alive character is purely coincidental.

--Mia--

Past

Leaning against the car seat, I closed my eyes, letting my entire body relax.

This weekend I really enjoyed a lot with all my extended family. I even met some new cousins, made good friends with them, and shared some good memories with them.

We had a huge get together of our family this weekend. Good thing I forced dad to take us there. Otherwise I wouldn't have got the chance to meet all of them. I love meeting new people. I love knowing them, observing them and developing a slow bond with them.

"Mia! Play with me!!" My 8 year old brother shook me.

I sighed, "Maddy! Stay calm. I'm tired." I answered without opening my eyes.

"Mom! See! Mia won't play with me." He whined.

The biggest drama queen in our house. Why not?! He is a miracle baby. He is clearly 10 years younger than me.

After me, mom and dad tried a lot for the baby but mom couldn't conceive. When they finally gave up, he entered into the scene just like a miracle.

So, whatever he says, that goes.
"Maddy! She is tired. Let her sleep." Like always my dad came to my rescue.

"No! She is not. She never play with me. She doesn't love me." He again whined and I chuckled.

"Maddy! It's already getting late. Why don't you sleep? We still have a long way ahead." My mom suggested.

Though I hadn't opened my eyes I can imagine Maddy huffing and sitting quietly with his arms folded against his chest.

Chuckling at that, I released another sigh. This weekend has really been a tiring full though enjoyable. Though I know about all my uncle's, aunt's and cousins, I never got a chance to spend an entire weekend with them.

Due to my dad's work and my school we never attended any events or weddings. Now, when we got the chance I don't want to lose it.

So, I had to drag my dad from his work to this event. I feared that he would get bored but thank God. He too enjoyed a lot with all his cousins. I wish we have many of these weekends to spend time to get to know all my family.

Still not opening my eyes, I pulled down the car window a bit and let the cool night breeze flow in.

"We should have started early, James" My mom said. Of course, by the time we started it got too late.

"Yeah! I never thought this way would be so deserted, Laura." My dad said.

"Looks like we are the only ones." Said my mom.

"If it's not for the kids' school and my work, I would have suggested staying back." My dad said. Yeah. Dad is strict as hell. Not even one day he allows us to take leave from school.

"Mia! Just one small game." Maddy whispered, poking me.

I remained silent. I don't know what kind of games he wants to play in a moving car.

"I know you're not sleeping." He again whispered and I couldn't hide my chuckle.

"See. I know. Just one game." He whined.

"Tomorrow, baby. I'm dead tired now." I answered.

"You don't love me." He whispered and I ignored him. It's his famous dialogue. Whenever we reject him he says that and what can we do then apart from fulfilling his wishes.