Dear Michael

--Michael--

For about 2 days I kept on staring at that bag given by Nina like it's an alien thing.

I don't know what to do with it because I really don't want to do anything with it. What might be there in that bag that Nina thinks might belong to me. As far as I remember there weren't any things that were left with my old man that belongs to me. So, what might it be?

Let's take a look at it na. My heart said.

Boy! Do you want more drama? My brain asked. Hell, I don't want anymore drama in my life. For now, my life has turned into a fantastic movie. Enough for me. 

But in the next 2 days the same nagging feeling to look at the contents in the bag kept increasing. 

Finally I accepted the defeat and opened the bag. I got confused on seeing some books in the bag. What should I do with these books? I pulled the books out and realised that they were not actually books but diaries. 

Diaries?

Oh shit! 

My old man had a habit of writing diaries. I saw it once. But why has Nina given these diaries to me now? What should I do with them? 

I looked at the years on the diaries and was stunned when I saw the year on the old one among them. It's actually the year of my birth. Seriously!? Has he been writing diaries from them! It's been freaking thirty three years. He really has gone nuts!! 

There are a total of four diaries in the bag.

The first one belong to the year of my birth but the remaining are some random years since then. 

I flipped through them and found that he has filled almost every page of the diaries. Has he written some story or what? 

Boy! You finally opened na… let's read them. My brain interfered. Well, even if I don't want to read them, my brain won't stop nagging me. So, do I have other choice?

Grabbing the diaries and a beer bottle, I moved into the balcony and flopped down on the bean bag. 

Letting the soft glow of lights illuminate my balcony, letting the glow of the moon caress me, letting the cool breeze pass through my hair and colling my scalp, I opened the first dairy. Diary of the year of my birth and opened the page where he started his writings.

I looked at the date on that page and it's actually the day I was born. What??

________

Michael.

That's the name I have chosen for you baby and do you know the reason? Michael means gift from God and you, my dear are truly a gift from god.

A cute gift wrapped in a little blue towel.

Do you know how my heart soared when you looked at me with those big green eyes of yours? The eyes that resemble your mother.

Do you know how a huge grin spread across my lips when you rewarded me with that toothless grin of yours?

Your mum is right. I'm for sure gonna spoil you.

_________

Dear Michael

Welcome home baby. Today the doctor finally has given a clean chit about your mum's health and I brought you both home. 

She is still tired and the reason is you. You're not letting your mum sleep because you yourself are not sleeping. I wonder where you're getting this much energy from.