Epilogue 2

--Mia--

I stared up at the sky and smiled when the crackers burst to their life illuminating the world even more. The stars have hid themselves behind the clouds to provide the day for the crackers.

Feeling the cool wind pass through me I let my gaze wander around the balcony and my heart soared in happiness when I found each and every person of my family scattered around the balcony and enjoying themselves.

Yep! My family.

Sanju & Robert, John & Ash, Sam & Isa, Karan & Meera, Nina, Mark and Matthew and finally last but not the least Sebastian.

Since that tragic incident it was only me in my life but now I got a huge family!! Maybe mom and dad had sent them to me?

I don't know but it felt so happy to beleive that.

Everyone of them have scattered around the balcony and were chatting, laughing, drinking.

And I sat here on the couch with my little Lana beside me who is playing with Krish, Renee, Liam and Seb. Seb has grown up and seeing Lana, younger than me, he too has become protective over her, forgetting himself that he is still a baby.

Seeing my baby with kids felt so happy. Maddy was 10 years younger to me. Till he was born, I was all alone but my baby already has 4 siblings and I know for sure they will protect her till eternity.

"Mia! Cake is ready." Landon screamed from inside the house and I went inside leaving my baby with her siblings.

"We could have just ordered a cake, Landon. Why do you need to tire yourself out on New Year's Eve when all of us are enjoying it?" I asked while entering the kitchen.

"Because it makes me happy. Filling your tummies gives me the utmost joy." He said, pulling the drinks from the fridge.

I started pulling out the plates and glasses and that's when Seb entered the kitchen.

Taking a bottle from the fridge he started gulping.

"How is Adrienne?" I asked and that's it. All the water from his mouth has burst out and he started coughing.

I expected the reaction.

When his coughing subdued, I asked again, "How is Adrienne?"

He scowled, "How would I know?" Without waiting for me he exited the kitchen.

I followed him and grabbed his arm. Climbing onto the couch in the living room, I placed my arms on his shoulders. Urgh! These men! Why do they need to grow so tall?

"I'm serious. How is Adrienne?" I really asked a bit seriously.

He sighed, "She is fine. We are just starting, Mia. There is nothing cooking up between us now. Ok."

I stared at him for a moment. Of course they started now but she is not his usual women.

"Seb, don't think that she is the usual woman you date around and forget. She is something and different. A good different. If you really don't want to have anything with her, drop right now. I don't want her to be hurt and also you because I know..  she has that capability."

Adrienne is the one who interviewed Michael. Once I returned I asked Michael to invite her to our home and she gladly accepted. I do owe her at least that much, right?

True to the people's words, Adrienne is a real powerful, sassy and intelligent woman. Unlike the women Seb usually dates, she is not at all into his money or fame. And to keep a person like Seb in line, a powerful woman like Adrienne is really necessary. That's why I'm concerned about these two.